Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Motion Alert notification not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jgooz
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased our Arlo camera system to monitor my elderly father who suffered a stroke this past spring. Initially, everything worked great; however, the motion alert notification stopped working and as a result he has had 4 falls in the middle of the night without us knowing he was even up and moving around. The recording eventually shows up on the feed but we were never notified on the mobile app of the motion in his room. I have rebooted our router, removed the mobile app and re-installed it on our devices, and rebooted the arlo home base system. Nothing seems to have worked to get the motion alerts to our phones again.

Any help appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest possible solution would be to remove all devices from the account and set it back up as if new. No guarantees and it's a PITA but that should take care of any issues.

jgooz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. Do you know if we would we lose all recordings when added back as new?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHen I have done this, the  old videos were still there since the system tracks serial numbers. I can't be absolutely sure this would still happen but it's worked for me. To be safe, you may want to select all videos and proactively download them so you have a copy.