Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
neonrt70
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I add a user on the portal, it sends an invite.  They go through the invitation, but when they login, they don't see any cameras from my organization even though I've given them access.  When I look at their invitation, it still says pending.  Any ideas?  This used to work.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@neonrt70 wrote:

When I look at their invitation, it still says pending.  Any ideas?  This used to work.

Are they doing this on a PC or on a phone?

It tends to work better on a PC.

neonrt70
Aspirant
Aspirant

We tried both ways.  It now says invitation accepted, but he still can't see any of the cameras.  The strange part is that he is getting push notifications for the cameras he is assigned too, but he just can't see any of the cameras.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@neonrt70 wrote:

The strange part is that he is getting push notifications for the cameras he is assigned too, but he just can't see any of the cameras.   

There are two different user interfaces at the moment.  The older one is "Library" - you'll see "Library" as an option in the app if you have that one.  The newer one is called "Feed" - if you have that one, you will see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

He is likely on the "Feed" interface, while you are on "Library".  You will need to migrate to "Feed" in order for him to see the cameras.

You can do that by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  Since you don't have that camera, the process can't be completed.  But it will migrate you to "Feed".  

There is no way to migrate back to "Library" once you've done this.  There is one feature that is unfortunately not in "Feed" - and that is custom modes.  Scheduling is also a bit different.

neonrt70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Most of our cameras are Arlo Go cameras.  It says they aren't currently supported without a firmware update, but I don't see one.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to Arlo Support:

You get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.