Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Doorbell to Free 7 day cloud system

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Buddadude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Long time Arlo customer and have enjoyed my free 7 days of cloud storage with my four cameras for several years. I recently purchased a Arlo wired doorbell... added it to my hub as the 5th device... my 90 day free trial for the doorbell has expired and now it only alerts... no recordings are occurring... 

I believe I need to subscribe to access cloud recordings... What's the recommended way to subscribe to the Arlo Secure Single Camera subscription without losing my free 7 days of cloud storage on the older 4 cameras I have? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Buddadude wrote:

What's the recommended way to subscribe to the Arlo Secure Single Camera subscription without losing my free 7 days of cloud storage on the older 4 cameras I have? Thanks in advance.

Just go into the subscription area of my.arlo.com and purchase it.  You can put the doorbell into the single camera plan, and leave the 4 older cameras under "no plan".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
You should be entitled to keep the 7days free cloud storage for the older cameras. Any newer cameras will require subscription.

There have been reports of the 7days cloud storage being dropped when the subscription plan expires. Usually canceling the plan gets them back.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Buddadude wrote:

What's the recommended way to subscribe to the Arlo Secure Single Camera subscription without losing my free 7 days of cloud storage on the older 4 cameras I have? Thanks in advance.

Just go into the subscription area of my.arlo.com and purchase it.  You can put the doorbell into the single camera plan, and leave the 4 older cameras under "no plan".

Buddadude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies... I signed up for the single camera plan for the doorbell and so far the free recordings are still working as you all said.. Thanks!