Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I reactivated one of my cameras and set it up to record from 6 PM to 8 AM. It is on constantly and records but there are no feeds to desktop or phone and no push notifications.

Hate the upgrade but willing to see if I can get this system to work like it used to.

Any suggestions welcomed

32 REPLIES 32
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

Also, when I open my ARLO it shows Armed Away, and I never included that in any automation.

And that was your problem.

The automations we talked about before were set up so that 

1. When you put the system into Arm Away, it would remain armed until you manually changed it back.
  2. When you manually put the system into either Arm Home or Standby, it would start following the schedule at the next 7 am or 7 pm.

The idea there was to let you keep the camera armed all the time when you went on holiday.

@Khone wrote:

I have uninstalled my camera. Now, I can't reinstall/sync it.

Did you try the manual sync-button method?

• briefly press and release the Sync button on the base station
  • briefly press and release the sync button on the camera

Do this when the camera is about 3 feet ( 1 m ) from the base.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Ok. I will try once again.

I had it set-up for Stand-by @ 7 AM. I think I changed it based upon someone else's statement. As I said earlier, the camera never stops recording motion, and sending a notice to my phone and not PC, regardless of what I use, Arm Home, Arm Away, or Standby. 

Really tired of fighting this and so sorry I agreed to the "upgrade". Never had problems like this before. Sure wish there was a way to uninstall the upgrade.

At any rate, I can set it up but won't don't any good if I can install/sync my camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

As I said earlier, the camera never stops recording motion, and sending a notice to my phone and not PC, regardless of what I use, Arm Home, Arm Away, or Standby. 

If you manually press the "Standby" button on the dashboard screen, the camera should stop recording and sending you notifications until 7 pm (when the system should automatically switch to "Arm Home"). I suggest testing that as a next step (walking in front of the camera after putting the system in Standby).

As a reminder, you can always see the mode your system is in by looking at the dashboard screen.  The active mode is shown in color, the other two are gray.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

I had it set-up for Stand-by @ 7 AM.  I think I changed it based upon someone else's statement. 

There are two places where modes are listed in the automation.

1. The one at the bottom is the "action" - telling the system what mode to switch to when the automation runs.
  2. The list of modes at the top are the "enabled list".  These tell the system when the automation should be active. 

Your 7 am automation should have the enabled list set to "Standby" and "Arm Home".  The action should be set to "Standby".  

The 7 pm automation should also have the enabled list set to "Standby" and "Arm Home".  But the Action should be set to "Arm Home".

Note if you set the "enabled list" in your two automations to include all three modes, then the schedule will always run.  I didn't tell you to do that, because I was thinking you would want to keep the camera armed 24x7 when you went on holiday. 

In the old app, you'd have done that by manually changing the mode from "Schedule" to "Armed" when you leave, and then manually changing it back to "Schedule" when you return.   But there is no "Schedule" mode anymore.  With the automation set up you have now, you manually set the system to "Arm Away" when you leave, and then set it back to either "Standby" or "Arm Home" when you come back.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "the enabled list". 

All I see Is Modes and all three are listed.

When I go to Automations, all I see is Schedules and when I click on the right arrow shows 7 AM everyday, then Change Mode" and right arrow on that and it shows Standby. No save just delete action on the bottom.

Pretty much the same thing for 7 PM everyday, then Change Mode, action Arm Home. 

If that is right, why does my camera continue to record motion? 

If it is wrong, show me where I screwed up.

I apologize for taking so much of your time. This this has been driving me crazy. I thought I was smart enough to figure it out, but, I'm totally lost. Obviously the actions do not mean what I thought they should.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Please don't bother to respond to my last post, at this time.

I think I found the problem but not sure. I want to see if the camera comes on @ 7PM and turns off @ 7AM.

Right now, it isn't recording. At least I'm not getting notifications on my phone.

I have a side issue but will address that tomorrow.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "the enabled list". 

This is the list at the top of the automation.

Here are screenshots from my iPhone - they will look a bit different on Android or the web app, but the information is exactly the same.  The "enabled list" is circled in blue, the action area is circled in yellow.

IMG_2029.PNG

If you select the list at the top you see this:

IMG_2031.PNG

That is where you choose the modes that you want on the enabled list.

@Khone wrote:

I apologize for taking so much of your time. This this has been driving me crazy. I thought I was smart enough to figure it out, but, I'm totally lost. Obviously the actions do not mean what I thought they should.

FWIW, I've told Arlo directly that the automations were too hard.

The stuff at the top (the enabled list and the scheduled time) are things that have to be true in order for the automation to run.

So in my screenshot in order for the automation to run,

• my system has to be either in Arm Home or in Standby mode.  If the system is in Arm Away, the automation will NOT run.
  • It also has to be sunrise.  If it is another time, the automation will NOT run.  (Your automation should say 7 am here).

The action list at the bottom tells the system what to do when the automation runs.  In my screenshot, the only action is to change the mode to Standby.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for your help.

Well, finally got it to turn on and off. Off time was beyond 7AM but not gonna quibble about that. Got all movement while on.

Appreciate your help and patience with me.