Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is Arlo Safe?

Arlo Safe is a personal safety app offering total protection and peace of mind with one tap emergency help on your phone. It’s like having a security guard by your side. If you ever feel in danger, are involved in an auto accident, or want to check in with a family member, help is there.

Family Check-Ins

Check-in with family members and see their location for ultimate peace of mind.

Family Location History

See the history of your family members’ past trips. Review routes are taken and places visited.

Family Place Alerts

Save your family’s most popular locations like school, home, and work. Be notified when members arrive or leave those places.

One-Tap Protection

With a quick tap, connect with our professional security experts to get emergency help.

Guardian Mode

You are never alone. Our professional security experts are with you every step of the way. Simply release a button to get emergency help.

Emergency Response

When every second counts, alert fire, medical, or police to your location during an emergency.

Alerts to Emergency Contacts

Automatically notify your emergency contacts when you have an emergency. If needed, they can send help directly to you.

Cloud Witness™ incident recording

Record events as they happen and store them in the cloud for future use.

Crash Detection & Response

Automatically alert emergency response agents during a car accident to send help quickly.

24/7 Personal Safety Expert

Triple redundant, five-diamond, and UL-certified monitoring centers ensure you get an immediate response from medically trained, security experts.

Family Safety monitoring

Keep in touch with family members. Locate, live view, text or call directly from the app and send help to them during an emergency.

Unlimited Users

Invite and connect the entire family, with the family plan

Looking for more information on Arlo Safe?

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about Arlo Safe.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

20 REPLIES 20
goelscientific
Initiate
Initiate

Awesome information

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Pertaining to Arlo secure and arlo safe. Where can I find help on Accounts. I don't see any documentation and Tech support through the app is not helpful at all. I have added my wife to my account. The cameras and home security system I shared show up in her Arlo secure app. Her location shows up in her app. Under automation it shows the mode I set up in mine for when we arrive/leave, her phone does not show up in my Automation Arrive/Leave arm away setting. I have arlo safe as well and on her app it shows her location. My plan does not show up on her app. On my app it shows her offline. Through the arlo safe app on mine I can text, call. If I Send check request from the app on my phone it prompts a message stating that Michelle's location setting must be set to Always in their phone setting for Arlo Safe to work. It is set to always on, on her phone. Precise location is set as well on her phone for the Arlo Secure app. Since the arm away Arrive/Leave and arlo safe doesn't work it leads me to believe that there is probably an account syncing issue. I have removed her from my account deleted both apps off her phone. reinstalled the apps Both Arlo Secure and arlo safe on her phone and still the same issue. I have the arlo safe and secure pro subscription. We both have android phones.  The first attempt I accepted the request for my wife using a computer. (That was suggested in the community) If I try to log into her account on a computer using a browser I get the orange bar at the top that says "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'ownerid')" Login Stalls at that point. Any ideas or where there might be some kind of documentation on how this is supposed to work.

Thanks

Gary

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bartley,

You can view documentation on this feature here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062822/What-are-Arrive-Leave-Automations-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-for-my-Arlo-s...

For this to work properly, participating devices need to be signed in to the mobile app. 

JamesC

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Bartley_0-1673480012921.jpeg

Is there documentation that isn't so generic. Something like a user manual that would explain what devices should be displayed herein the screenshot. I have no way of knowing if my wife's phone should show up in this setting. Devices in the screenshot are my phone (Highlighted) My iPad and a old phone that I don't even own anymore. Makes one wonder why the old phone is showing up there. I haven't had that one for a couple of years. Is this correct? How is one to know what is supposed to be displayed here? All we can do is assume and spend time troubleshooting when it doesn't work. 

I will check with my wife and make sure that she keeps the app running in the background and see if that is the issue.

Thanks

Gary

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Having my wife leave the app running in the background did not work. Geofencing for arming the alarm system does not work with the arlo secure app with my account. Ironically the arlo safe app follows her precise location when it is set to live tracking. I can see that on my arlo safe app on my phone. I have no idea if her phone should show up in the arlo secure app under the automation Arrive/leave settings. Both apps on her phone have locations permissions set to enabled for the apps. I am not sure how the accounts are supposed to work, but apparently the GPS is working on her phone and arlo's cloud can see that through the arlo safe app. Her account shows up under my arlo secure appOnce again there is no documentation or help available for the consumer to use to understand how this is supposed to work or if settings are set up properly. The only links provided are generic how-to settings. I am at a lost and frustrated. Really don't feel like troubleshooting a security system. Pre-ordered this in November. Unfortunately, Arlo's live support that is available to the end user appears to be outsourced and does not have the information or the knowledge to help. Basically, scripted responses and a lot of being put on hold. Been with Arlo since 2018 and nothing is getting any better with support, I have several thousand dollars invested with arlo's devices. This year seems like it's time to move on and invest my dollars with another company. Arlo does have some good stuff going on, Quality of devices are great, hopefully they will get it together as a company and support the end users in the future.

K-Med
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey JamesC,

I've noticed my battery on my iPhone 12 draining very quickly with the Arlo Safe app installed and in "live tracking" mode, so I switched it to "check in only" on both phones and that seemed to help a bit, but background battery usage is still very high.

Could this be the crash detection if I'm driving a lot or just the app needing more optimization? I know it's a pretty new app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bartley, K-Med

The development team is investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Topher37
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't sign up for Arlo Secure online in my account, even after trying a dozen times!!

No live agent to speak to for help, so I guess I need to dump this product and go with the less desirable Ring service. At least they have an actual person that you can speak to when you need assistance!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Topher37,

Could you provide more details? What happens when you attempt to sign up, are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

RuiWangGraves
Guide
Guide

Hi James

For the doorbell, can two different persons phones synchronize to the same doorbell?

Rui

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RuiWangGraves wrote:

For the doorbell, can two different persons phones synchronize to the same doorbell?

Not sure what you mean by "synchronize".  The doorbell can only be in one Arlo account, and Arlo only allows one login to that account at a time.  There is a "friend account" feature that is used to allow family and friends to see the videos.

RuiWangGraves
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen

I meant that if I am in home I can answer the doorbell from my phone. If I am not home, I want my husband log into his account and answer the doorbell fron his phone, it works that way?

Rui

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RuiWangGraves wrote:

I meant that if I am in home I can answer the doorbell from my phone. If I am not home, I want my husband log into his account and answer the doorbell fron his phone, it works that way?

If you share the doorbell with your husband's account, then the call will also go to his phone when the doorbell rings.  That assumes he is already logged into the app.

RuiWangGraves
Guide
Guide

I still don't understand.

My husband has to have his own account to log in. Right?

I downloaded the Arlo Secure app on his phone and set up his name and email etc. then I "add a device" in his app exactly same way as I did to my phone. I have to sync his phone to the same doorbell. We have same wi-fi, of curse.

It failed to sync it for his phone.

thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RuiWangGraves wrote:

I have to sync his phone to the same doorbell.

No, that's not how you do do it.

If your app shows "Library", then you do this:

If it shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead:

Either way, have your husband accept the invitation on a PC - clicking on "Create Invitation".  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, just log into your husband's account.

Then check your account, to see that the invitation has been accepted.

But getting this all to work also requires both accounts to either show "Library" or both show "Feed".  You can migrate accounts from "Library" to "Feed", but not from "Feed" to "Library".  Let us know if you need help with that step.

RuiWangGraves
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen

I got it. Thanks a lot.

RuiWangGraves
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen

Since I input my husband as "People" in Arlo Secure, my own Arlo Secure runs really slow. It misses detecting some motions, it misses most part of conversation that I made right front of the doorbell. But his Arlo seems working okay.

I wonder what causes the problem. Could you give me some ideas.

Deary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for information

harmony24
Aspirant
Aspirant

It offers features like contacting emergency services, alerting family members, and providing support during auto accidents or dangerous situations.

Miasm1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazing Post!

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation