Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
blupblup
Guide
Guide

The time of the Arlo Q is set to the correct timezone, but in the library it is off by 7 hours. I've tried rebooting the cam, deleting the app, signing in and out of the app, changing the timezone of the cam several times etc etc. 

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo App are you using? 

blupblup
Guide
Guide

I am using the Arlo Secure: home security app on my iPhone 14 pro. Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you install the camera in a different time zone and move locations? Is your phone on the correct time zone as well? 

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor

Wondering if you ever resolved this? I have the same issue, except only 4 hours difference. I have 8 cameras and all others work fine, just one Q. The app itself shows the correct timezone, just the library is wrong, although oddly the library still shows all recordings in the correct order even though the time is 4 hours behind. Thanks.

blupblup
Guide
Guide

Nope. The time in the library is still incorrect. I’ve tried everything. I’ll probably go with a different brand when I buy a new camera because now I also need to reboot the Arlo Q once a month. 

blupblup
Guide
Guide

Yes and yes. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jdbrown 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using?

Do the videos have the same issue over the web portal? 

blupblup
Guide
Guide

I'm using an iPhone 14 pro. Latest version of the Arlo app in the App Store. Version 4.1 (5991)

the issue is the same on the web portal.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@blupblup 

Thank you for the extra info, I notified the appropriate team and I will provide more updates as soon as I hear more. 

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor
Spoiler

App Version 4.1 (5991)

Yes, the same issues exists in the web portal, with one difference - the web portal sorts by time, so the recordings are in the wrong order while the app shows the correct order even though the time is wrong. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe there's a sort order that I missed somewhere?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, I have the team looking in to this and I will update you when I have more info to share.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Hoss333
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. How has this still not be resolved? I'v called support countless times. very disappointed 

Hoss333
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates ?

DanielRK
Tutor
Tutor

After latest update one of my Qs show wrong time in library. Changed time zone and back no luck. Picture show same time but day and night video.Arlo samme tid.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should help with this issue. Can you reboot your device and check again?

Thanks 

Hoss333
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the devices on my app and change the time zones in setting to no effect 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update on this, I will provide this info to the team.

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor

No change for me either. I upgraded my iPhone to IOS 16.4, updated the Arlo app to v4.3 and restarted the camera as well.

jdbrown
Tutor
Tutor

This is fixed now. I had to remove the camera and add it back in the app. Just restarting it did not work. The fix was not a firmware update but something in the Arlo cloud (I don't know the details). Thanks Arlo team!