Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"press the live button to see your new camera in action" problem

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

My Arlo Qs iintalled without an issue, but now everytime I access the Arlo app, one of the Arlo Q cameras is always green instead of showing a snapshot from the last time it was used, with the message "press the live button...etc." If I press the button the camera works as it should, and I can also take a snapshot, but no matter what every time the camera shows a green screen when you first open the app (though a phone or the webapp). Any idea why this is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

OK, you fixed it for me! Thank you for your suggestion. I had already reset the camera several times, but I guess the base hadn't been updated with the latest firmware, so I checked before I removed the camera and I did have 1.7 so I tried again and no more green screen! Thanks again!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Mod05
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having the same issue. I have uninsulated and reinstalled also factory reset and still having the same problem.
SLund
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this exact same issue.

I bought the base station with two cameras and installed them with no issues at all. They show up fine on the app and on the Web portal.

a few weeks later, I bought another couple of cameras, installed them and found this issue with the new cameras.

There is no apparent difference in either firmware or hardware versions of the cameras, they all report to be HW version H7 and firmware 1.2.2688

Please provide some guidance to resolve.

I have attached a screenshot from the web page showing the problem. It is exactly the same on the Android app. I can make the problem disappear if i push the live button as said, but when i return to login another time - things are back to this.

arlo1.png

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

It would be nice if Arlo would at least acknowledge the issue exists and they are working on it...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, this the Arlo Q section and not the wireless.  Please post in the appropriate place so folks with similar systems know where to look.

That said, for the wireless issue, first thing I'd do would be to open and close the battery doors.  If the reset doesn't help, possibly removing and resyncing the cameras would help.  If not, a trouble ticket may get you an RMA.

For Q, you can try power-cycling the camera or removing the camera and using the reset button may help.  Again, if not, a trouble ticket...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I remember reading somewhere that rez could be automaticly reduced if bandwith or signal was not to par ... don't remeber where

So, good bandwidth ?  good signal ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

my issue is with the Arlo Qs...yes, full bars and no bandwidth issues (except on Arlo's side)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The correct forum comment was to SLund.

Did you try the power cycle and/or reset?

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

yes and yes, no dice.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

devotchko wrote:

my issue is with the Arlo Qs...yes, full bars and no bandwidth issues (except on Arlo's side)

Don't really have an answer for you... If you haven't put in a ticket, I would.

I haven't see this effect on the Q ( but have on the Arlo cam )... read some of the "smearing" threads and you'll see similar

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Smearing-videos/m-p/970550#M3050

Morse is faster than texting!
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

devotchko wrote:

My Arlo Qs iintalled without an issue, but now everytime I access the Arlo app, one of the Arlo Q cameras is always green instead of showing a snapshot from the last time it was used, with the message "press the live button...etc." If I press the button the camera works as it should, and I can also take a snapshot, but no matter what every time the camera shows a green screen when you first open the app (though a phone or the webapp). Any idea why this is happening?

I had this issue after setting up my Arlo Q. I removed the camera/device and then reinstalled/reactivated it, and that took care of it.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I removed the device twice already and that didn't work. I also restarted it; still the same behavior: green screen until live video is on.

Jazzy_james
Guide
Guide

This is an issue with the wireless camera too.  Netgear just sent me a replacement wireless camera due to a reddish tint in my video resolution.  Installed it just yesterday and resolution looks just fine but now I get this annoying defaulting green screen whenever I restart the Arlo app.  I have three other cameras that shows the image of the last recording.  So it sounds like this issue is affecting new wireless and wired cameras.  Cmon Netgear please respond and acknowledge this issue!  I will be contacting them directly now.

Jazzy_james
Guide
Guide

Nevermind...I read the other posts about removing the device from settings and re-syncing it.  That did the trick!  Thank you!

Nweaver
Guide
Guide

I got two new regular Arlos tonight, with their own base station, to add to my existing 5 camera system.

I was having the green thumbnail problem...solid green, no picture on the new cams upon every launch of the app or web app.

It seems the fix was an update to the new base station from 1.2xx to 1.7xx, PLUS removing and re-pairing the cameras. Base station firmware update alone did not fix.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

OK, you fixed it for me! Thank you for your suggestion. I had already reset the camera several times, but I guess the base hadn't been updated with the latest firmware, so I checked before I removed the camera and I did have 1.7 so I tried again and no more green screen! Thanks again!