Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not possible to create a multiple camera mode with Arlo Q cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I have 2 Arlo Qs, which I want to create a mode for, but the web app does not allow me to include both cameras when I try to create it. Does this mean that I have to make 2 individual modes, 1 for each camera, and that I now need to set 3 modes (1 for my wireless Arlos, and 2 for each Arlo Q?). I'm missing something, right? RIGHT? I can't believe it can be this cumbersome, especially if you have only Arlo Qs...

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the browser interface? Sometimes there's a glitch on one type that another doesn't. That could be a good trouble ticket to get it fixed.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, that's how I am trying to set a mode for the Arlo Qs, through the webapp. Are you saying you can? Because when I try it only lets me use 1 camera per mode, unlike the Arlo wireless where you can add several cameras per mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I only have one Q so I don't know the answer.  It may be that only one Q can be set up per mode - someone else would have to jump in here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

devotchko,

If you have more than one Arlo Q you must have separate modes for each Arlo Q device. So in your case, yes you would need three modes. One for your Arlo Wire-free cameras and one for each Arlo Q.

JamesC

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

OK, thanks for the info. I hope they find a way to add this functionality in the future, since it makes it cumbersome to have to set modes for each individual Arlo Q.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just created a suggestion to do this. Check out:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Integrate-Q-to-be-used-in-a-mode-with-wireless-c...

and add kudos and/or comments to get it implemented.