Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
tlam
Tutor
Tutor

Is anyone else experiencing the "old but apparently reoccurring" issue of their iphone 10 xs max freezing up with iOS 12.1.4 and Arlo 2.7.4?  

I called the help center earlier this week and they had to bump me to tier 2.  Have not heard back from them since.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tlam
Tutor
Tutor
I ended up going through Apple help. We uninstalled the latest update and then reinstalled it. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @tlam,

Have you tried to log out, uninstall the app, restart your iPhone, and reinstall to see if that helps? Is this occurring when you're on cellular data or WiFi?

tlam
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately I tried all that with the first call to the help center and that is why it got bumped to tier 2. Apparently that just means you go to pergatory.........

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you tell me when you are experiencing the freeze? Is it when you open the app, it freezes right away?

tlam
Tutor
Tutor

It happens the second you click the live feed play button on either camera. It opens fine and all the settings, etc, tabs work fine.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Do you have a grant access user on your account that can maybe try logging through your iPhone XS Max and hitting the live feed to see if it freezes on that account too?

tlam
Tutor
Tutor
The iphone 10 xs max actually belongs to my wife and she is a guest user on my account.. my iphone 7s plus has no issues. She just got her new phone a couple of weeks ago and Arlo has never worked.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you log on to your wife's iPhone XS Max with your account, do you experience the freeze? And when she logs on to your iPhone 7S Plus with her account, does the freeze happen?

tlam
Tutor
Tutor
We actually tried both ways on my iphone 7 and her 10. They had me try it when I called in a couple weeks ago. Everything worked fine on my phone but it still locked up on hers in both accounts.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent you a private message to gather some personal information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.

tlam
Tutor
Tutor
I ended up going through Apple help. We uninstalled the latest update and then reinstalled it. Problem solved!