Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GeorgK
Guide
Guide

After the purchasing setup used to work smooth.  I did not use the cameras for 6 months and can not reconnect. Restarted, deleted, reset. Does not work. The camera makes a sound but device (telephone or pc) can not find the camera. Setup unsuccessful. I have two cameras. Maybe need to update the software but how without a connection?

BTW I tried to contact the support by live chat. Bad day. It shows a message

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setParam' of null throws at https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/arlo/ContactUs/Chat.aspx?l=en:8:12156

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Problem solved. Can lo in at my friends house.  Updated device. Back home. It works. Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GeorgK,

Is the camera still claimed on a previous account?

JamesC

GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Yes, I did not change anything with the account

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay, lets start by taking a look at your account. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices. Do you see any devices listed there? If so, remove them.

After that, power on the camera and press and hold the reset button until the camera reboots. After the reboot, attempt to claim the camera again by logging back into your account and clicking "Add Device" and selecting Arlo Q. Do you still experience an issue? If so, what error message are you seeing?

JamesC

GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your help.  I don`t have any devices listed. I tried to add

I have the message

we`re sorry,  arlo is not available at the moment, please try later

I will do

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GeorgK,

There was a short period of time where some users were experiencing this issue yesterday. Are you still seeing that error message?

JamesC

GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Yes, I will try today again and give a feedback

GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Hello JamesC

today I tried to do it again.  All setup procedures.  Amber light, blue light, chimes OK.

After that says, it takes very long please wait, and proposes factory reset.

After reset setup same again.

After several times tries says the server is not available what I   don`t like very much.

Webpage not available

https://vzs3-prod-common.s3.amazonaws.com/static/v2/html/en

Very frustrating

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in. I find that sometimes lets you see that the camerais actually there.

GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Problem solved. Can lo in at my friends house.  Updated device. Back home. It works. Thank you for your help.