Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nick_Jsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if the Arlo cloud server is malfunctioning? I have two Arlo Q cameras that were working fine on 3/10/2022 but the next day, I noticed that the app was very slow responding to my attempts to deactivate the camera alerts. Then i could no longer even view the cameras. I continued to receive notifications of ongoing camera alerts but no videos would show up in the Arlo library. I tried repowering the cameras, resetting a camera to factory default, and rebooting the app but I still can't view the cameras or the recorded alerts. I also logged into Arlo via a computer to see if it was an app problem but it had the same problem. It's likely the problem is on the Arlo cloud server's end because the cameras are still alerting me to movement and sounds but Arlo refuses to show me the corresponding video.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick_Jsky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Never mind. It was Xfinity that was severely throttling the upload speed to almost nothing. I guess the cameras could only manage to upload the alert signal but not the video.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nick_Jsky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Never mind. It was Xfinity that was severely throttling the upload speed to almost nothing. I guess the cameras could only manage to upload the alert signal but not the video.
Jamesci1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same problem around the third the 3-10-2022 someone stole some chairs out my yard at the same time a chainsaw and my camera did not pick up neither time, then after that to start working fine Wi-Fi was okay and everything Barry was charged on the cameras. I didn't report it to the police because I didn't know when it happened cuz I depended on the camera, but the chairs was on there a few days before