Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unwanted Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MVaneman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have five arlo cameras.  All have worked ok, and I have had them for years.  Just started getting push notifications randomly from all cameras.  I have always had my setting set up to send limited notifications, but now I get them all the time.  This is frustrating.  I have notifications off for one camera because it is in the front on a busy street, but now I am getting push notifications from it.  Since I changed nothing in my phone or arlo profile, this must be an arlo issue.  I tried restarting my iphone and updating all apps, but that did not fix it.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MVaneman wrote:

I have notifications off for one camera because it is in the front on a busy street, but now I am getting push notifications from it.  Since I changed nothing in my phone or arlo profile, this must be an arlo issue.  I tried restarting my iphone and updating all apps, but that did not fix it.

Have you checked that the cameras doing this are still listed in in your subscription plan?

Have you checked the rules in the mode(s) you are using?  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Do you use the geofencing feature?

MVaneman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Of course.  The rules are the same as they have always been.  And the notifications are not consistent with the rules that I have been using for years.  I did check them though just to make sure they were not somehow changed, and they are not.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MVaneman wrote:

Of course.  The rules are the same as they have always been.  And the notifications are not consistent with the rules that I have been using for years.  I did check them though just to make sure they were not somehow changed, and they are not.  

I am seeing some other users reporting this, so it might be an Arlo bug.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had some from one camera today. I checked the push notification box, saved and then unchecked and saved. So far, so good.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MVaneman,

If you toggle all smart notifications on/off and reboot your camera/base station. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC