Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JoDihno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

I'm trying to implement a system where there are two zones, and each zone has its own rule. Then, they should run in one mode concurrently.

1) Motion detected in A zone will record and send me an alert.

2) Motion detected in B zone will just record without sending me an alert.

Is there anyway to implement this? Scheduling doesn't work because I want both of them to work 24 hours.

At this point, I'm just recording when there is any movement in either A or B zone without alerting me.

I'd appreciate if someone could give me a tip if there's a way.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A can use the Armed mode with notifications turned on. B does the same thing but notifications are turned off.

It should be that simple.

JoDihno
Aspirant
Aspirant

With your method, I can't run them simultaneously though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We are talking Q cameras, right? Each is unto itself and is configured and/or scheduled by themselves. There's no reason for one to interfere with the other in any way.

JoDihno
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's just one Q camera with two zones and two rules.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set a rule with only one zone selected but each rule is in its own mode. Only one mode can be active at a time, whether you pick it manually or schedule it.

SusanSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I asked the same thing in a previous post:

The link below states that "Each mode consists of one or more rules"

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

The response I received on that post was "it used to do it".  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The catch is that because the Qs are like a single wireless camera/base station pair, you only get one rule per mode. If you had a 2 wireless camera system, you'd be able to build more rules into that mode.

There was a bit of a misunderstanding of what you are trying to do on my part - sorry. Still, it boils down to "you can't get there from here" with the single camera you have.

JoDihno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting.
I wonder why they removed the function. It's highly useful function that is necessary even for a single camera as a single camera with such wide POV can capture a large area that might require fine-tuned rules for each zone. I hope they bring it back.

JoDihno
Aspirant
Aspirant

No worries. You are the one who's trying to help me. I sincerely appreciate that.

It looks like according to another poster, this method was available back then but they got rid of it for some reason.

I hope they bring it back!