Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Arlo Q, one suddenly stopped connecting

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tom_rehor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Qs.  Both have been working for over a year.  Yesterday one disconnected from the network.  I followed the directions to reconnect.  It beeps when it sees the QR code, but never connects.  The online help suggests restarting the router, etc., as if there is a network issue -- but there is not, because the other camera is still working.

I have unplugged the non-connected camera and tried to connect it as if new, but still nothing.

Since the network is still working correctly (as evidenced by the connected camera), how do I connect the other one?

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do a reset on the Q and then sync as if new ( hold reset for ten secs till the led flashes )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tom_rehor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did that yesterday.  I show the QR code to the camera and it chimes.  I click "Continue".  Arlo says, "Discovering your device, please wait."

Nothing else happens.

I know the network is okay because the other camera, on the same network, is working.

Thank you for any insight you might have.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've had issues similar to this if I was connecting the Q on a different SSID from what my mobile device was using. It still ultimately connected but the discovery process was an issue. Try using the same SSID to see if that helps.