Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disconnect Arlo Q to move it and now it won't reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
MsBee
Follower
Follower

I have had this camera for about a year, maybe longer. I unplugged it and now I cannot get it to sync. Have tried power cycling, resetting twice... even removed the camera from my account to try re-adding.  I hit sync, it chimes when it sees the barcode but cannot be "discovered" and continues blinking blue. My wifi shows it's connected. Is this likely an Arlo server issue?

Also I cannot EVER access the Arlo login screen from my Macbbook Pro on Safari. This could be my comp I suppose, but anyone else have this issue. I can only ever access Arlo from my iPhone.

10 REPLIES 10
HoldenV
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m pretty sure it’s because of the outage caused by all the new Black Friday users. I have a Q for about a year and mine isn’t connecting back into their system either because I wanted to reset my system after buying a three camera wireless Arlo. I’m sure the netgear servers are just slammed and with it being the holiday doesn’t help matters. Yeah it sucks not have cameras but unfortunately these things happen when you rely on a cloud solution.
ThomasHx
Aspirant
Aspirant

My ArloQ started behaving erratically on 12/23/17, could not log on to disarm (time was about 4:30 CST). My Apple network was otherwise perfectly fine, no changes in it for many months.  Kept getting a message saying "authentication failure, try again later".  No resolution as yet, no info at all on forums. After multiple factory reset cycles (at least 3) was finally able to log into system.  Eventually tried factory reset after deleting camera.  Camera gave correct led color codes and Q/R response but failed recognition. Interestingly, still was generating movement alarms (even after the factory resets) and saving video as though it was not deleted and still armed.  Currently camera responds correctly up to Q/R code read "ping" response but times out and fails recognition.  Camera was otherwise working just fine for many, many months.  No other power spike issues as entire network is running off a filtered UPS system with 8+ hour backup capacity.

aggiebuzz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue as well. Camera was working fine until aroind 1:30pm CST. Have reset the camera twice and still nothing. My other Arlo Q camera is still working fine.
Jrcanton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been trying to connect my old arlo since power went out this morning, along with a new arlo q which I bought for Black Friday. Does not connect. Very frustrating and wait time for customer service is 30 to 60 minutes.. come on arlo....
Jrcanton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everyone I know is having this issue right now. I've tried since the am.
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Welcome to the Arlo server failure.  3 out of 4 of my Q cameras stopped working when the servers went down this morning and have yet to come back.  The one working one was fine until about an hour ago, when it stopped working too.  Note that my two base stations, which are connected to 6 Arlo wireless cameras, are still up and running.  So there appears to be a patchwork of failures going through their system right now.

BonnieG
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are 1,000s of people with the same issue on other discussion boards. I am receiveing the push notifications of motion and audio, but I cannot login to view my live feed. This is a huge safety issue for me. I am taking my unit back for a refund. This is not good!!!

AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

I had same issue this morning. Remove the base station and the add again. Synce your cameras and it should work. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We believe the issue(s) you experienced may be related to a larger issue that should now be resolved. For more information please visit Some Arlo Base Station reporting as "Offline". We will continue to provide updates to that discussion as they become available. Please feel free to send me a private message if you need further assistance and we can continue troubleshooting with the assistance of our support team.

Best Regards,

Arlo Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC