Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Mosherr
Tutor
Tutor
Since the latest iOS update I am no longer getting filtered smart notifications. I am paying for them but when I go to settings I see my camera as in active under the “smart notifications” section. If I try to move it to active I see this error “We are sorry, but you don't have permission to perform this action." any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GerSifuentes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James C,

I did that and it worked. Thank you!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
david8704
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here

GerSifuentes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are your cameras connected to a power source? I have to the are continuously recording and those are the ones that aren’t sending me any notifications. Others work fine
vcampos
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue as OP. I also tried to move the cameras to the "Active Cameras" under the "Manage Arlo Smart" through the web but the "Please Wait" pop up just hangs. I have a total of two cameras online but only on connected via USB power.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, try rebooting your base station and/or camera. Do you still experience the same issue after the reboot?

JamesC

GerSifuentes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James C,

I did that and it worked. Thank you!
Mosherr
Tutor
Tutor
I tried restarting my camera but still have the same issue.
DL910
Tutor
Tutor

Smart notifications were only showing People as an option (No other choices to select and could not deselect people) but was receiving notifications for any movement.  Tried moving the cameras to inactive in Arlo Smart screen and then moving them back.  In attempting to move them back my computer would just hang.  Same on a Mac and a PC running windows 10.  When I try to move them using Apple phone app, I get a message that I don't have permissions to move them.  I am the account owner.  I have restarted base station several times and tried resetting one of the cameras.  No help. Any suggestions?

Mosherr
Tutor
Tutor
On the website if you check the network traffic you will see the following error in the response..

error":"2016","message":"We are sorry, but you don't have permission to perform this action.","reason":"Plan capacity exceeded as the request for device provisioning exceeds the maximum cameras supported by the plan"

I only have one camera and am paying for smart notifications. Seems like a bug.
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC wrote:

For those experiencing this issue, try rebooting your base station and/or camera. Do you still experience the same issue after the reboot?

JamesC

I have rebooted my ArloQ a few times now but problem remains. 

billcawley
Guide
Guide

I'm also having issues with the smart notifications.  When the server upgrade happened I had to drag all my cameras out of Active Cameras and into the Inactive Cameras and then back again.  I now have 3 sliders, People, Vehicles and Animals.  I don't have the Other slider any more.  I'm able to turn off Vehicles for my street facing camera and no longer get IOS push notices for those but I still get Motion notices (a lot of them) and I'd like to turn that off as well and only get notified when there are people or animals on that camera.   Here's a screen shot of the webview for that camera, options in IOS are the same:

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 4.25.29 PM.png

Any suggestions on how to get the 'Other' switch back?

Thanks in advance!