Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up-Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloQHelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried several times to set this up for the first time.  I get to the section that the camera is recognized but the blue light doesn't stop blinking and I am not able to setup my account - tells me to make sure that it is connected to the internet.

Anyone have any advise?

Thanks,

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on exactly what characters are used, that's your problem.  If your router supports a guest network, you could set that up for only your Q camera(s).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, ensure that your WiFi SSID and passphrase are only alphanumeric characters, no special characters like spaces, underscores, etc. If that doesn't work, try resetting the Q using the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Try again to resync.

ArloQHelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did again.  It gets all the way to the account set up and tells me to make sure the base station is connected to the internet and on.  the serial number referenced with the base station is the same as the camera.  Do I need any more equipment than the camera?  Before the error message, it tells me the camera was found.

ArloQHelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also the router is an Apple Airport device - any suggestions?  Everything else in my house is connecting ok to the WI-FI.

ArloQHelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I misunderstood your earlier comment.  The WIFI name does actually have spaces and special charaters like - and '.  So will the camera not recognize that if I type it in correctly?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on exactly what characters are used, that's your problem.  If your router supports a guest network, you could set that up for only your Q camera(s).

ArloQHelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You!