Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recieving notifications on my phone - but no recordings

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lisab9686
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning,

The first 24 hours I had the camera hooked up it worked perfectly - however for the last 24 hours I've been receiving notifications of motion - which have been valid - but have not received a recording.

Just this morning alone - I received 5 notifications of motion & have only one recording to show for it. 

I'm trying to use the camera to keep an eye on a sick animal while at work - however this is essentially rendering it impossible to do without always watching the livefeed.

Please advise.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lisab9686
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using an Iphone 6 - with iOS 10.2.1

My arlo q is on firmware 1.8.3.0_9926

It seems restarting has helped for now - is that something I need to be doing often? It doesn't mention needing to restart my phone anywhere else.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and a browser - if one works, we'll work on the other.

Also, try enabling email notifications.  The link embedded in those should work in the meantime.  Download the video if needed to keep it around.

Lisab9686
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I go to check it in a browser?

I do have e-mail notifications on - and I only receive those for the actual video's recorded. So those other 4 that should have recorded this morning are not anywhere. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a computer.  Use this URL:

https://arlo.netgear.com

You can also try a mobile browser with some effort.  Go to the same URL and when thew browser opens a page that tells you to get the app, use the browser's menu to use the desktop version.

Edit: The mobile browser won't have Flash built-in so some things like live view won't work but viewing the library is no problem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say what phone and OS version your using which can help in an answer...

But the normal answers would be;

1) power button reboot your phone, if NG, then delate and reinstall the app.

2) do a full reset of the Q camera ( hold in reset for about tn secs till the led flashes ) and resync as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Lisab9686
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked on there - and it's only the same recordings that I'm seeing in my app - as well as the ones I receive the e-mail notifications about.

Lisab9686
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using an Iphone 6 - with iOS 10.2.1

My arlo q is on firmware 1.8.3.0_9926

It seems restarting has helped for now - is that something I need to be doing often? It doesn't mention needing to restart my phone anywhere else.

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a usual thing needed, tho the latest ios 10+ has had a couple of glitches combined with arlo app.. thought most were fixed.

If it happens again , report same to Netgear Support... they can't fix a problem if aware of it

Morse is faster than texting!