Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q night vision no longer working

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
DAG444
Guide
Guide

My Arol Q camera all of a sudden no longer has night vision.  I've tried everything - even reset the camera back to factory settings.  Nothing helps.  The camera is on version 1.8.0_5551.  The camera is useless to me without night vision!    Has anyone else experienced this?  Any yes, the night vision toggle is ON. 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the latest firmware. Sounds like you need to contact support using the Support link above here to get help and maybe an RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DAG444,

I agree with jguerdat, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

dave6017
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with the wireless Arlo camera. 

I checked and the red leds are lighting up, and night vision is turned on.  I would sugest removing the device, disconnect power for a few min's and re-connecting it. 

support is going to have you do that anyway. (it's nice to be able to say "I've already tried that")

let me know your end result please.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, to be thorough, the camera's On/Off switch in Settings is On and the running man is black, not gray, right?

MikalB
Guide
Guide

Are there any suggestions on how to fix this on your own when support will not respond?  I now have two Arlo cameras that are not working right (no night vison and totally pink tint to picture).  I have submitted requests to support but I have not received a response on either issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikalB,

Did you receive a case number when you opened your support requests? If so, please let me know the case number and I will request an update for your ticket.

If you did not receive a case number, contact the Arlo Support Team here. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MikalB
Guide
Guide

JamesC

No, I never received a case number.  No response to any of the messages I sent.  I have since had another camera go bad.  It will no longer switch into night mode.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikalB,

Please send me a private message with the email address you used to send the support requests and I will review your ticket.

JamesC