Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 39 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
png
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the Arlo Q with the CVR subscription.  Whenever I try to view the older video it automatically jumps to live mode.  This is using the iOS application.  Is there anyway to prevent this?  I was trying to do a screen recording of an event and it would just automatically jump to live view all the time.

39 REPLIES 39
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements have been made for CVR in recent releases. Is this problem still occurring for anyone when using the latest versions of the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

ChardieL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still happening here!
png
Apprentice
Apprentice
me too. running ios 2.6.3
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is disgusting that Arlo is releasing new products (doorbell and ultra) while the rest of their lineup is so incredibly broken. Give your customers what they paid for first before spending resources developing new products.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo iOS mobile app update 2.7.0 is now avaialble. Please download the latest version of the iOS mobile app and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

BRHANSON
Tutor
Tutor

Yes still happening.  I can cast from my android phone to my TV and the cvr plays flawlessly.  But on 3 computers and every browser known to man, current flash version and I get the unable to load stream constantly.

Any progress?

ChardieL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, still happening.
ChardieL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an option within Arlo to cast?
BRHANSON
Tutor
Tutor

Not within Arlo itself but if you have Android you should have screen share options.   Can cast to any smart TV or Chromecast with that.

Chrischavez74
Guide
Guide

I have 2 systems at 2 different locations. The timeline is not being recorded CVR, When i check the screen is blk then jumps back to the live view. Its the same on my phone or using the broswer, I reset both base stations. Anyone eles having this issue?

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is still going on.  Even more frequent than before.  Have there been any updates to address it?

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any update?  This is so painful.  I'm using my iPhone to record a clip for the police but I can never get past 10 seconds before it just jumps to live.  I understand that its not possible to export the CVR video but I need to be able to view it without interruptions so I can record it.  Please help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use a computer to locally record CVR content - have you tried that?

daniel891
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I installed the app's latest update (2.7.5), there were issues with the scrolling of the timeline. When I scrolled a few minutes before live to bring up the recorded footage, a few seconds later, it snapped back to live view. There aren't any issues with this on the web version. Any of you on iOS with app version 2.7.5 experiencing the same problem?

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Figure out how to stop the cvr timeline from jumping around after you select a time to view.  I get either a random time that is selected for me or it jumps to current time.

Also, figure out how you can have a two way conversation over the speaker/microphones on the cameras.  There is a delay on both ends.  And people talk over each other.  Maybe it needs to be treated as a radio transmission and you have to say "over" each time one of you gets through talking.  That was sarcasm.  I would love to buy the new Ultra cameras, but I am afraid they will have the same problems I have had with Arlo Pro and Pro 2.  Fix the older stuff and people will buy the new stuff.