Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 39 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
png
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the Arlo Q with the CVR subscription.  Whenever I try to view the older video it automatically jumps to live mode.  This is using the iOS application.  Is there anyway to prevent this?  I was trying to do a screen recording of an event and it would just automatically jump to live view all the time.

39 REPLIES 39
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

png,

Do you see the same behavior if you try using the web client?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It will do this if the CVR stream has been broken for any reason. Do you see breaks in the recording (no bar above the time line)?

SusanSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed the exact same behavior in iOS and reported it in an earlier post.  When viewing CVR via a browser I get the "unable to load stream or clip file... error parsing fragment, no tag found...."  message from amazonaws.com.

If I view the same location in the CVR on my iPhone it just jumps to live mode as if it is unable to display the parsing error.

This issue is intermitent for me when viewing the CVR but when it does occur I can replicate the error in all web browsers at the exact moment in time on the CVR which leads me to believe there is a problem with how the CVR is being stored in the cloud at that time.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, the stream isnt' broken.  I was trying to screen capture something from the CVR feed but it would keep jumping to live mode which made me have to set up the recording software and start over.  I thought it had something to do with motion being detected on the device.  

My solution to get my screen recording which was 10 minutes long was to disable the camera completely and then view the CVR timeline.  I don't know if this was a real solution or if I was lucky that I didn't trigger the issue that causes it to jump to live mode.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has the dev team acknowledged this issue?  Do they need more information to reproduce it?

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any update?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

png,

Do you always see this behavior or does it only do this intermittently when viewing the CVR timeline? Do you experience the same thing when viewing from a different client (such as the web client using a computer)?

JamesC

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

I always see this behavior on iOS.  I've also seen it on the website as well.  It happens a lot more frequently on iOS.

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is happening to me as well as a host of other issues. I am getting corrupted video in my library recordings. Any time the CVR starts to play an event it jumps straight to live view.

At this point I think there are more features not working than features that are working with my Arlo system.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wanted to bring this back up to the top.  Is there anything i can do to help your dev team troubleshoot this?  I can upload a video of it happening?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

png,

I will work with the development team to find out if we have an update on this. A video of the behavior wouldn't hurt, if you provide one, i'll make sure they that information is added to the ticket.

JamesC

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm trying to upload a recording of the bug here but it isn't working. Here is a link to the video on youtube instead https://youtu.be/HK8IzPBTMFk

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bubdog,

Thanks for the video. I've added it to the issue ticket on this. I don't have any new information at this time but will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

png
Apprentice
Apprentice
here's another video of it happening https://youtu.be/e2M3d0X9unA
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

png,

Thanks, i've added this to the ticket as well.

JamesC

png
Apprentice
Apprentice
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just a detail that I'm not sure was mentioned. This does not apply only to the Arlo Q. It applies to (at least) the Arlo Pro 2 as well so the bug seems camera independent.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is just an extremely annoying bug for the times that I'm trying to record events with my CVR.  Would it be less effort to add the ability to download CVR segments instead?  Then I won't have to worry about watching at real speed and having it jump back to live all the time.

BRHANSON
Tutor
Tutor

I am new to Arlo and am getting the same issue.  Ill watch a CVR stream and I constantly get the Unable to load stream or clip file sometimes every few minutes.  The CVR function that I am paying for isnt really very valuable if I cant actually go back and watch it.

What is the fix for this?

After doing some testing I see that the issue is much more prevalant with the web client.  Tried with Microsoft Edge Browser, Chrome Browser and Avast Safe Zone Browser, all give the error in the first 15 minutes of todays CVR recording.  However the Android app on my One Plus 5 got thru those same 15 minutes with no issues.

The web client for CVR needs some serious work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our engineering team is still investigating this problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

Joefrank2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Q timeline camera jumps to live feed when viewing timeline.
BRHANSON
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on this?  CVR playback from a browser is still not working.  I can watch CVR from phone just fine but from any browser i constantly get the "unable to load stream or clip file".  I would like to request a discount on the CVR fee since I cant fully use it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested it here on W10 with Chrome. Worked fine. Sounds like a local problem with the browser or Flash.

BRHANSON
Tutor
Tutor

4 different browsers on 3 different computers.  Works flawlessly on 2 Android phones.

On browser, cant watch more then 2 minutes of CVR without the 'unable to load clip file" and it then jumps forward in the timeline.

And its not just me.