Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Taxxer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked until power outage. Tried all alternatives posted. Can get to blue light blinking but ends out giving message saying do factory reset. That does nothing.

Connected early this pm and since then nothing. Tried phone and iPad for code but it doe not make difference.  No changes in Wi-fi, reset modem but no change. 

What can I do?

8 REPLIES 8
hombode
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had same issue and talked to support. This is what they had me do: using app delete your Arlo, then using paper clip push in on reset for 20 seconds....has to be that long. Next go through the setup again like your first time. Lastly, if you have CVR service then go to settings, Arlo, subscription and drag your Arlo down to the add to CVR. I've had to do this twice due to wireless issues. I've since relocated my Arlo to ensure no interference and when I plugged Arlo back in it took a few minutes but it set itself back up....thank God. If it continues to drop wi-fi I'll return it. Don't have issues with any other wi-if devices but Arlo. Hoping relocating does the trick. Good luck.
Taxxer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for response. Deleting apps did not work at first. Pressed router was button before submitting pass word. Eureka it worked! Manual was no help in trying to getting connected.

thanks

hombode
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn't have to delete "app," but my Arlo FROM the app and the set up. I'm glad you got yours working.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I set my Q up yesterday and was very pleased with the ease of setup and quality of the video. I didn't think the delay between live and realtime was very impressive but overall good quality. It seemed to be 30 seconds or more. About 45 minutes in the Q dropped the wifi signal and I had to restart to get it to work. Then after it connected the app crashed several times. Finally it dropped the signal again. I tried synching again it wouldn't, I tried rebooting....nothing....I tried resetting to factory settings....nothing. Deleted and installed the app to my iPhone again.....nada. I could not get it to sync. Back to Best Buy it goes.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AppleFan,

If you attempted to factory reset the device, you would then need to remove the Arlo Q under Settings within your Arlo account.

After it has been removed, you should then click "Add Device", select Arlo Q and follow the on screen prompts.

Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Taxxer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Back to nothing. It worked once right next to router. I tried to relocate and nothing but a chirp and buzz. Now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I tried all. I would return to store if not 4 months old. 

Maybe tech service can aid.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Taxxer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support and right person helped me. I seems that entering network and password plus wps router button conflict each other.

1 reset camera

2. Jump to add camera screen , wait for amber blink

3. Press wps button

4. Press sync, should blink blue

5 on network add, disregard password, I had to leave network name, press submit . Should here chime. On qr screen say you heard chime.

6 should connect.