Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not able to ADD a new Arlo Q camera via Cox wifi.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
acxiombill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had two Arlo Q cameras running perfectly for a year inside my home.  Bought a 3rd one today, opened up the iPhone App, selected "Add New Device".  Pulled the new Q out of the box, plugged it in and Made it thru all the various steps, received the Chime after the QRcode was read by the camera, followed maybe 5 - 10 seconds later by the "buzzer Sound" and the phone screen stating that the device was not found (RED X on the screen).  I've tried this over a dozen times, and use a paperclip on the reset button (holding for 15 seconds until I hear the "click").  NOTHING has been successful.   Ideas?  The existing two cameras are working perfectly.  My router is an Apple AirPort Extreme - but like I said, two Arlo Q's are already working fine.  HELP! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a browser. A mobile browser might work if set to use the desktop version of the site.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a browser. A mobile browser might work if set to use the desktop version of the site.

acxiombill
Aspirant
Aspirant

the recommendation to use a computer browser for set up instead of the phone worked prefectly,  I'd recommend using a laptop as you'll need to get the QRCode 8 inches in front of the camera you are setting up.  

Thanks for the timely and accurate suggestion.