Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Nicolaisen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi !

I have changed WIFI-network and reset my Arlo Q. When i try to set Arlo Q up again on the new network I get the same message all the time; No Arlo device found. I type in my username og password to my new network og then I follow the steps in the Arlo App. I hear also the chime when i show the QR, but after 30 seconds i got the message that no device couldt be found. What do i do ?

11 REPLIES 11
brh
Master
Master

@Nicolaisen

Not sure I am following you, but login to your Arlo account like normal and try to re-add the camera. Then log into your router and see if it shows there.

Brian

Tadros
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sonata
Guide
Guide

I am having the exact same issue.  All steps pass without fail until final step.  The only other issue I am having is that the app keeps crashing.  I've never had an app crash like this.

brh
Master
Master

What phones/apps are you guys using? Have you tried to set the cameras up using a computer instead of the app?

Brian

Sonata
Guide
Guide

Yes, I've just finished trying using the web interface, 3 attempts all fail same as with the app.  The app is called "Arlo" and by Netgear.  I am very careful about which apps I install on my mobile devices.  I am on android 8.1.0.

And, btw, thank you for the help.

brh
Master
Master

Are there any special characters in your SSID? Factory resetting the camera could force it back to older firmware which did not support special characters.

The other thing to try is to try to set it up using the Guest Network with your router - if you don't have one create a Guest account with a very simple name and password. You can always change it later.

Brian

Sonata
Guide
Guide

Yes, a few special characters, none of which are on the special-characters-okay-to-use list given when first making an arlo account.  I had not thought to do a reset until told to do so by the support person who subsequently suggested I set up a guest account, whereby I could then receive a firmware update, an update which *does* accept all special characters, apparently.

I will say that the phone support I received once connected was awesome, but this making customers wait for over an hour to connect up with support is ridiculous.  I will not go through that again, but will return the cameras instead in the case the guest network trick fails.

Thanks again.

Sonata
Guide
Guide

This may or may not help others and support should have know to ask about this, but it was my VPN-- which upon disabling it, the installation worked first time for both cameras.  I performed it through the web site, but I suspect it would have worked fine through the moblie app too.  Oh, and the firmware updates installed without a hitch also.

Thanks again for the responses.

Monshy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Take the war out then press and hold the reset bottom for about 10 sec with power on... after that go thru the set up again and it should work.
Tadros
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base does not see wired camera but see wireless camera. Do you think reset button will fix problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras don't use a base - they're self-contained. Read the installation directions and follow them.