Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision not working on ARLO Q

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Anthonys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I've discovered an issue over the past week or so with my ARLO Q, which seems to be an issue others have discovered too.

Nightvision is turned on and the red LED lights are on at night but when I use live view the picture is completely dark. Following advice in other threads I've reset the camera, re-synched it and re added it. It worked for a few days then started showing the black picture again. Is this likely a hardware fault, or is the software just being buggy lately?

Thanks.

Screenshot.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anthonys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James - the issue was occuring on Android, iOS and the website. I tested it on multiple nights with the same result. In the end Netgear diagnosed it as a hardware fault and have had to post the camera back to them to get it reparied/replaced.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the SW update page and see if an update was recent for the Q....

if So or not fire off a report to Netgear as you may have a SW or hardware issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anthonys,

Which mobile app are you using (iOS, Android)?

Do you notice any difference when viewing from a different client (web browser)?

Consider relocating the camera (temporarily), does it behave the same way?

JamesC

Anthonys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James - the issue was occuring on Android, iOS and the website. I tested it on multiple nights with the same result. In the end Netgear diagnosed it as a hardware fault and have had to post the camera back to them to get it reparied/replaced.