Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
biglots
Aspirant
Aspirant
I set up my new wired Arlo Q at the beginning of February and it has been working fine, sending me daily alerts. However, I hadn’t had any for the past few days so I checked the device status and it says it isn’t connected to the WiFi. I’ve checked with my phone provider and the WiFi/Internet/Phone is connected and working. The device is in my vacation home and so I’m not there to be able to reconnect manually. Is there anyway that I can force a reconnect to the WiFi remotely... maybe via the App or website? Many thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If for what ever reason the Q is no longer online, then there is not much to be done remotely.

Maybe look into a Wemo outlet ( you can toggle outlet off-on via wifi ) as I recommend them to reset the base units remotely

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If for what ever reason the Q is no longer online, then there is not much to be done remotely.

Maybe look into a Wemo outlet ( you can toggle outlet off-on via wifi ) as I recommend them to reset the base units remotely

Morse is faster than texting!
biglots
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought that might be the case. Many thanks for the suggestion... I’ll look into getting one.