Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo CVR playback turns black after few seconds

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
png
Apprentice
Apprentice

It feels like the problems keep piling on for this program.  I have the Arlo Q with the CVR plan.  I have already endured the issues with playback hopping back to live.  I have resorted to recording segments 1 minute at a time and using my time to stitch together a long video.  I already pre-paid for a full year of this service so I am trying to salvage whatever I can.

My new problem with the iOS application is that after a few seconds of playback, the screen turns black.  I then need to advance or rewind and the video comes back.  Then it turns black again.  I cannot really express how frustrating this experience has been. 

I have to find workarounds to fix the issues and it feels like even more issues are introduced to make life interesting.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have the latest iOS app version. 

My steps to repro is that I go to a previous day's recordings and try to watch.

The screen will turn black after a few seconds. 

If you advance the scrubber, the video returns...then it turns black again. 

I already compromised by stitching my 1 minute videos together.  Stitching multi second clips together is something I cannot tolerate.

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/gXPB8cSBw7A

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.