Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
ktflame
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q keeps losing connection but in addition to that I keep getting a constant blue/amber light not the blinking blue/amber light when the firmware is being updated. Anyone have any ideas?

29 REPLIES 29
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ktflame wrote:

My Arlo Q keeps losing connection but in addition to that I keep getting a constant blue/amber light not the blinking blue/amber light when the firmware is being updated. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes... the flashing blue/amber light ( not update ) is something I noticed recently... it means the Q cam is at the fringe of it's range. Bringing it closer to yr wifi unit and the light flashing will go out.

As a note ... I found the arlo base puts out a stronger signal than my home wifi by 10%... this means I have a better range with the Arlo cams than the Q cam.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

yup, mine is currently off line.  I took a look at the CVR function and nothing has been recorded since 12am this morning.  Power cycle in the future

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmph. Mine is fine.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

checked my timeline too.. no drop outs at all

Morse is faster than texting!
Jodelynn75
Tutor
Tutor
Mine has been offline since yesterday no matter what I do I can't get it to work. Seems strange since it was working fine for 2 weeks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a hardware problem but first steps first. Have you unplugged it to reset it? Is the offline noted on both app and browser? Possibly a reset via the button would help but try the others first.

Jodelynn75
Tutor
Tutor
I've unplugged and reset it several times it's still constantly going off line
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PITA but try a reset using the reset button.  Might be that "simple" but may also still require a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jodelynn75,

Did a reset solve the issue you were having? Please let us know!

JamesC

Yedatoussaint
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeda my has been of line since Wednesday today is Sunday it's still of what I should do I unplugged an reset. It what come next
Yedatoussaint
Aspirant
Aspirant
What I should do when it offline
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible the camera batteries are dead?  Open and close the battery door to see if that helps.  If not, try a fresh set of batteries.

Edit:  Crap.  Did it agin  this is about Q, not wireless.  The camera may be at the edge of the connection range between the router and camera.  Try temporarily moving the camera closer nd see what happens.  Worst case, a reset and re-sync may clear the problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

yedatoussaint,

Were you able to get your camera back online? If not, let us know so we can further assist!

JamesC

mikgreg
Aspirant
Aspirant
my arlo q is always offline most of the time, im getting really frustrated with this camera, i have already did the reset but it didnt worked with mine.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting any notifications and/or videos?  Sometimes it's just a display issue.  Try both the app and browser as well as logging out and back in.

TurnerA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Offline as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TurnerA wrote:
Offline as well.

Need details.

wallacepost
Guide
Guide
It won't work, it's either u have weak signal or interfering. My 2 cam sitting in office as dummy cam, I spent 2xx for a wireless 4G router with SIM card, it is still not working.
4 cam works great which I installed at home.
So I assume it got interfered by some equipments. I spent 2 weeks time and couldn't figure it out, wasted my time and money!
wallacepost
Guide
Guide
Customer support is useless, they will tell u ensure ur Internet uploading speed above 1mb before a futher investigating .

Come on mate, it is freakin normal u get under 1mb uploading speed with Telstra in Australia"easpically in a commercial property ".
Why didn't they advertise on the package?

By the way, my home internet was under 1mb too, there was no issue running 4 x cam and never down!!
People in customer support, their brains work like a computer, but in stupid way!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a guess but are you using a BThome hub or whatever it's called? There are problems with the older models - 4 and 5 are reported to work fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wallacepost,

Are you you using Arlo Q or Arlo Wire-Free?  Are you getting any error messages on your office cams that indicates there is an issue? Please let us know more details about the issue so we can assist.

JamesC

wallacepost
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Im using Arlo Wire-Free, im not getting any errors, but it shows offline most of the time "95%". It became 2 dummy cam now due to the fact .

"I have tried everything i can, even with 4G Sim rounter "with min. 2 mb uploading speed." I gave up contacting the customer supprt hotline, it put me waiting for min.45 mins before i can talk to someone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is the Arlo Q section, hence the confusion.

You can try power cycling the base, using a fresh set of batteries, using the app/browser (whichever you haven't been using) and logging out and back in.

glenl
Aspirant
Aspirant

i find that perhaps Arlo Q Plus may have been a rush to production rather than a few more test that is needed, these cameras are very expensive. I got rid of my cheap cameras for the Arlo q and Q-Plus, i have no issue with Arlo Q only the plus. I purchase 2 and have 1 as a spare which I will install this weekend replacing the camera that doesn't work. If I bring the control unit any closer them I might as well get cameras that are POe nut that will mean I wasted my money. I am wondering when Netgeat will chime in with the fix?

Respectfylly

Arlo Q Plus owner