Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Q Won't Read The QR Code During Setup

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheMadMollusk
Tutor
Tutor

Support -

I've had my Arlo Q for over a year now.  I've had some troubles off and on which have led me to removing the device and adding it back.  I typically use an IPad when doing this.  I never had any problems getting my Arlo Q to sync until yesterday.

Yesterday, I had the typical issue where I couldn't connect to my Arlo Q using the Arlo App on my IPad.  So I removed the device the proper way (as usual).  However this time, when I go through the steps to add it back, the camera won't read the QR code.  No beep like normal... no buzz for failure.  Just nothing.

However, what I did notice is that my nightvision red LED is clicking on and off the entire time now.  Whether the status light is blinking amber or blue, it continues to click on and off.  I have reset the Arlo Q using the factory reset on the side of the device.  I have reinstalled my Arlo App.  Nothing.  Once the Arlo Q "boots" back up after reset, it begins clicking nightvision on and off immediately.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled it as well as trying a different power supply (or PoE port/cable if that's what you're using)?

TheMadMollusk
Tutor
Tutor

OK, I've power cycled it now twice, the 2nd time having it unplugged for over an hour.  I noticed that before it even gets to the sync part it starts clicking the nightvision on and off. 

The device is powered by the cable directly into the wall.  I have tried 3 power outlets now.  Not a power issue.

Still need help and thank you in advance

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here - they may have suggestions. It sounds like a bad camera and your warranty is out. They may have some suggestions befor eyou give up.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi TheMadMollusk,

To add to what jguerdat mentioned, I have provided the link below for customer support.  Arlo Tech Support