Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model number vmc3040

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thedgtrainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Moved - all cameras off and stored for a year and now having all kinds of issues hooking up the cameras. I FINALLY convinced an outdoor battery operated to hook up after FINALLY getting the dang base station to cooperate. The first camera hooked up then I went to hook up the first indoor (plug in). Selected “add a device” the next screen comes up “add a new device to base station or smart hub or add a new base station” I have no reason to add a new base station but the continue button will not light up! It only will let me select “add a new base station. I just want to add devices - what the heck am I doing wrong!? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thedgtrainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI - albeit not many respond or read this (lol) - I finally got the last Q to sync. I reset the camera, at least 3 times, and finally it took! 

So persistence pays off. 

Thanks,

C

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thedgtrainer wrote:

Moved - all cameras off and stored for a year and now having all kinds of issues hooking up the cameras. I FINALLY convinced an outdoor battery operated to hook up after FINALLY getting the dang base station to cooperate. The first camera hooked up then I went to hook up the first indoor (plug in). Selected “add a device” the next screen comes up “add a new device to base station or smart hub or add a new base station” I have no reason to add a new base station but the continue button will not light up! It only will let me select “add a new base station. I just want to add devices - what the heck am I doing wrong!? 

Are you doing this in the app or on a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Also, have you tried just pressing sync on the camera and the base?

Thedgtrainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the app on my iPad I do press the sync buttons and the “continue” does not light up after pressing Add a device. I have one camera that sync’ed but it just will not allow me to continue. As described, I press “add device” then it asks if i want to add a new base station or dismiss, I dismiss then I see the “continue” option but it doesn’t light up and doesn’t react. If syncing - do I press them at the same time (base station and camera) - just not hooking up! 

Thedgtrainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

User error! Got them (the battery op ones) sync’ed to base station.  

Now that I (somewhat) know what I am doing I have one more camera (an Arlo Q) that I just can’t seem to get to sync. It chimes with the scan, goes solid blue, but the app just won’t pick it up. It picked up the first Q camera and it is working fine, just won’t sync the 2nd. 

Any tips? 

Thanks,

C

Thedgtrainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI - albeit not many respond or read this (lol) - I finally got the last Q to sync. I reset the camera, at least 3 times, and finally it took! 

So persistence pays off. 

Thanks,

C

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the lack of response. I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

JamesC