Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Coppertop
Guide
Guide

Viewing live video and/or timeline recordings do not play unless you restart the Arlo Q camera. I have reduced the resolution and disabled the audio recording, and it still does not help. The only, temporary, solution is to restart the camera. However it soon reverts to the same issue again; whereby you cannot view live video for the camera (you just see the spinning icon) or timelines. 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Live feed with the spinning wheel means the sw is buffering or waiting...

Sounds like maybe a few issues;

1) slow date thru-put

2) bad signal / placement

3) defective camera

4) browser

All can be checked out one way or the other ..Have you tried to contact Netgear Support... they may be a pain, but if it is #3, it is the only way to go.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Coppertop
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your prompt response and helpful suggestions. I've tried everything but contact the support team. The camera is connected to an excellent WiFi signal (actually in the same room as the hub); my broadband speed is close to 60Mbps download and 20Mbps upload. In fact, I have 5-other "regular" Arlo cameras which connect via the Arlo hub with no problems at all.

I'll try the support team, but to be honest I think this is a problem I've had since I purchased the camera almost 1-yr ago; I've only had the time over the last few days to try to troubleshoot by looking at my WiFi configuration in more detail (thinking that was where the problem lay)

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty is 1 year , so it you sounds like you'll make it.

Morse is faster than texting!
Groverjay87
Initiate
Initiate

I am having a similar issue. I have an arlo q which i use for live feed exclusively. It is incosistant at best. I have a router within 10 feet, good connection, good upload download speeds. It skips and buffers constantly then loses connection. I will wait for a moment then it will reconnect. It works ok at sometimes then has these issues. I get the purple light on the front sometimes but not all. A quick fix i found is to lower the quality of image (works sometimes) but what is the point of having this nice camera and turning down the nice. Any suggestions??

Coppertop
Guide
Guide

I've tried reducing the resolution to the lowest setting, disabling both the microphone and speaker, changing the WiFi settings (2.4 or 5 GHz), resetting my Hub  - nothing resolved the problem. My broadband speed test is consistently around 60Mbps Download, 18Mbps Upload

I've resorted to contacting the support team, who last night had me reset my camera and remove it from my profile; then add it back. It worked for a while, but then this morning the same problem. 

The odd thing is that the CVR is recording. Once I restart the camera, not only can I view the live stream but I can also properly view the CVR. That was why I originally thought the problem was with my hub, but after extensive testing I've ruled it out. Moreover I have two d-link wireless cameras and I am able to view and control them perfectly either at home or away.  

The support team have escalated the ticket, but I'm heavily leaning towards returning the camera for a refund. It seems the Arlo Q is just too buggy at the moment

Groverjay87
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for the reply. That is a bummer. I really do like the system but like you I may resort to switching to a system that has proven reliability