Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Light Flashing on Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
nz19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have two Arlo Q cameras. They are fantastic but I have just noticed one of my cameras lights is flashing (Purple). Its still working fine but I do have the camera set to status light OFF.

The other camera light isnt blinking and status light is also set to OFF.

Appreciate any help

32 REPLIES 32
spelling
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree, once I upadtred the newly purchased Q Plus today the purple light is flashing.  

So this does kinda point at an issue with the firmware update, as to moving the camera to be nearer the router, this might be a good diagnostic idea, but, I doubt I can ask burglar Bill to change his method of entry from a window or door, to a brick wall - he "might" make a little too much noise with the jackhammer or bulldozer to get through the wall...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Right now, the best "solutilkn" is to cover the LED with tape. Done many times here.
pom_boy
Guide
Guide
This issue persists for me. The q is about 7 m from the router through 2 very lightweight plasterboard walls. Signal strength flicks from two bars (blue status light) to one bar (flashing purple). iPhone at same location shows all wifi bars.
The real drama is that when it does disconnect there appears to be absolutely no way to reconnect without pressing the sync button and then repairing using the qr code. This does not work for a device in a remote location when you are relying on it to be....reliable. Any update from Netgear please?
spelling
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has gone back for a refund, Amazon accepted it back instantly and refunded me instantly.

However, I am sorry to say that NetGear are not so accomodating and will receive a chargeback if they do not get their finger out for the 12 months service paid for CVR.  Their platform is a joke, you cannot cancel the CVR, you follow the process through to the -£129.00 at the end of the process of removing it from the arlo management panel - yet no refund, AND, NetGear support cant even cancel it or see why it is not cancelling.

NetGear routers and switches, product, service and support is unparalled.  This servce of theirs is relation ot Arlo is rather trubling shall we say.

I have no issue with any admin asking me for the support ticket reference.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spelling,

CVR can be removed by navigating to Subscription > Manage CVR. Once removed, a refund will automatically be processed. If you are still having trouble, please private message me your support ticket number and I will review your case further.

JamesC

spelling
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

Unfourtantely both myself and Netgrear support cannot do it - in exactlyt the same way you have already said -- it doesnt work 😉  Netgear support requested my password after putting a generic password to my account in place (again a foobar that support cannot login to an account with permission of the account holder as a super user).

Here is the ticket ID : Case #: 27743716 

Here was the reply from Netgrear support failing also to remove it:

------------------------------

Hi Chris,

Good day!

Thank you for the trust, Sine I was not able to change it also I will escalate this case to the proper department so they can disable your subscription.

I do apology for the inconvenience that may cost.

Regards,

Kirby
Expert ID 46147
NETGEAR Arlo Expert

------------------------------

I have the ticket proof of this and more importantly the credit card statement to prove it.  I will be launching a chargeback to Netgear on this if they do not fix it and refund my money.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spelling,

I have escalated this issue and will reach out to you in a private message once I have more information.

JamesC

Arlo_bro_75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

I purchase today Arlo Q in addition of my Arlo pro's all ready well install.

I was looking for activation zone which is a feature of the Q, then I was face with same problem of everybody with the flashing purple led, weak connection.

On the initial sync the Q choose my 2.4 Ghz network by default, I resync with my 5 Ghz network than suddenly the Q is showing 3 bars and no more flashing led. 🙂

The Arlo Q is at least 40' away across a corridor in another room from my router ( Linkys max stream AC5400 ) and using 1080 resolution on the Q.

Maybe a better router can solve your issue, no need to use a jackhammer or move all your gears around.

cheers!