Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevenfrenchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there

quick question, is there a device to make my Arlo Q Poe connected ? I don't want to sell it and buy an arlo Q plus, looking online I can't seem to find anything. 

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. The regular Q is WiFi-only.

Stevenfrenchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for your response, after doing research I was thinking to get that device to make it compatible? do you think that may work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H37XQP8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks for reading

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know internal specs of what Arlo uses.... prob only way to know is to try it ( and return if it doesn't work )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stevenfrenchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes agree, I have ordered it, hopefully that won't a fire hazard.

will update it to see if that works

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess it depends on what you're trying to do. I was assuming you wanted an Ethernet connection which isn't possible. Using that PoE splitter will work for power (theoretically) but still won't allow an Ethernet connection.

Stevenfrenchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just interested on power as I have an access point near the entrance, let's see how it goes. 

Stevenfrenchy
Aspirant
Aspirant

okay so 

test is 50/50 but will stick to it, the device give power over ethernet however the ethernet cable  is cat 3 and doesn't give power which is odd, so I had to add another ethernet cable cat 6 but at least I now have the camera up and running without power cord.