Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloJesse
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 Arlo Q cameras but my backyard camera is refusing to connect stating only 5 cameras are allowed (see photo). Even when I stop the streaming from the other 3, the backyard camera still gives the same message. How can this be fixed? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ArloJesse

Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo app?

Is this the old Arlo legacy app or the new Arlo app version 2.8?

Is this displayed in the web browser and Arlo app?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ArloJesse

Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo app?

Is this the old Arlo legacy app or the new Arlo app version 2.8?

Is this displayed in the web browser and Arlo app?

ArloJesse
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shayne,

Yes, that is what, finally, got it working....I had to reinstall it.

However, I am confused about the Arlo App version 2.8 that you mentioned. I only have the
Arlo Legacy App (for my iPad). I could not find the App you mentioned in the Apple store. There
was an Arlo Lifestyle App but it appears to be rated badly.

Thank you for your assistance!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloJesse wrote:

However, I am confused about the Arlo App version 2.8 that you mentioned. I only have the
Arlo Legacy App (for my iPad). I could not find the App you mentioned in the Apple store.

It's there (distributed by Arlo Technologies, not Netgear).  You will need to switch to it by the end of the month.

There have been a lot of issues reported here, and it was updated yesterday.  So maybe wait a little bit, and monitor the forum before you switch to it.

ArloJesse
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you, StephenB. I searched under "Arlo Technologies" and found it. I will look to see if there is a newer version for my PC also.  Thanks again!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloJesse wrote:

I will look to see if there is a newer version for my PC also.  Thanks again!

There is no PC app, you just use your web browser as before.  Though you should be browsing to my.arlo.com, and not the older arlo.netgear.com.

ArloJesse
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you, StephenB, for letting me know that. I'm using the my.arlo.com site which works great for me. Thanks for your help!