Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had Arlo Q model VMC3040r6 cams since April of 2017. (Firmware is current on cams)

Within the last 2 months I can only live stream on my Android phone and tablet (Both of which are set to the same wifi as my laptop)

It's not speed related, again I was able to stream live on my laptop and stream all 4 cameras at once when it worked. 317 Mbps down 17.7 Mbps up.

I am on a home wireless network.

Norton 360 is installed and it is the same router in place when it was working, Netgear NightHawk R8000P

Also I have used ATT Mobley device for hotspot and used my brothers ISP in a different State when visiting. Can't live stream on my laptop no matter who's ISP I use!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MikeWNC2020

Can you check if the minute changes at the same time on phone and on the laptop?

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you disabled Norton as a test?

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes Norton was totally disabled.

Thanks for your response!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reached out to what is called the support team. They provided no help whatsoever.  Very disappointed in there lack of knowledge in trying to solve this issue!

It seems that no one really has a grasp of how the software works. They has no idea why I can live stream on one pc and not another. Yet I have been on several different ISP behind the same router and my wife can live stream on her laptop and I can't on mine. 

They in essence gave up on me, VERY disappointed in their dept of knowledge.

For four years this worked on my system, then out of the blue it won't work now.

Wish there were experts employed by ARLO, I spoke to none.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried clearing your cache? Does this occur on chrome, Firefox, etc?

Have you tried to stream on another computer all together?

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. Yes I have actually deleted Chrome and then reinstalled it! As I have said in my original post, I have also tried Edge, Firefox and for the first time on this Laptop installed Opera. I have the same issue on four browsers. My wife and I have HP Spectre laptops totally updated and both units have the same Windows Version 10 as well as Norton 360 and obviously are using the same router a Netgear NightHawk R8000P. I also used my ATT hotspot to no avail.

So, I am concluding it is not Norton 360 (which I have also disabled the firewall temporarily with no change) or the router.  I have an ADT account which has a webcam and I am able to live stream on the ADT webcam as well as my wife cac stream the ADT camera live (so port 443 is obviously open), so again to me I have ruled out the firewall software and the router. (Also to try and cover the events, my smart phone live streams as well as my tablet using the same router and WIFI with no issues).

It is a strange issue with my laptop I guess and all my researching and test and resetting ( Delete all cookies and again then deleted Arlo cookies) and nothing changes. Sure am stumped on this!

Hope you have an idea on this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check to see if Norton had installed any browser extensions?  The Norton Safe Browser Extension could still be active even if you disabled the Norton firewall.

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes and I mentioned Arlo works fine on my wife's Laptop with same settings

Thanks for trying to help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikeWNC2020 wrote:

Yes and I mentioned Arlo works fine on my wife's Laptop with same settings

It is a puzzle - not related to your ISP, not an issue with ports or the router, and it works on another nearly identical laptop.  

Are you using your account when you test on your wife's laptop?  

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

It sure is a puzzling, I am at my wits end on this one 😞 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

May I ask if your PC/Laptop is set to the correct local Time? 

Thank you

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am in EST USA and the Laptop shows the correct time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MikeWNC2020

Can you check if the minute changes at the same time on phone and on the laptop?

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

The minute on the phone changes 30 seconds before the laptop changes.

Help me understand how the time could matter as the software would work in any time zone anywhere in the world correct?

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shanye

I just reset my laptop time and the laptop thru windows sync. To my amazement the 4 cameras are now live streaming.

Just wanted you to know!

MikeWNC2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne,

Now that the time is the same as the Smartphone, everything is still working as it should.

I would like to thank you and the Arlo team for exploring this and assisting me.

I do appreciate the effort ARLO has put forward!

Thanks so much!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are very welcome, I'm glad we got that resolved for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.