Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to use the speaker

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jennys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I just set up the Arlo Q and am wondering, when I'm watching through my iPhone or iPad, can they hear me from. The room it's set in without pressing any buttons. I have the speaker turned off. What if the speaker is turned on, can they hear me? If I want to speak into it, do I need to turn the speaker on and press a button when I speak into it. Thx.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn on the Speaker and Mic...

With the LIVE VIEW running ( or recording ) you can hear the Far end where the camera is....

In order for the Camera end to hear you you push the MIC icon and a push to talk mic icon pops up ( in PC ) , you must hold the mic icon down while you talk

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Jennys
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I tried to connect the speaker but it keeps coming up failed. Any suggestions? Thx
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First check your audio toggles in settings,,, the mic at far end so you can hear ( speaker at your end ) in the live view screen can be toggled in the live screen when active ... click on the speaker and you can turn of/on during live view ( speaker at your end will have an X over it if off )

If you mean the MIC ( your end ) so you can talk to the far end... I have seen some browsers work and at other times not... try and change you browser if on PC.. Fire Fox or Chrome.

Morse is faster than texting!