Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Ver 2.3.1 (Android) and Notification Settings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TimmyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Android Arlo App, Verion 2.3.1_16068, released 02/21/17, has under main Settings for System a new setting for Notifications.  What does the LED Color (selections) and LED Blinking Frequency (low, medium, high) due and affect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimmyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac,

I recall this feature, now that you mention it,  on a previous Droid model I had. I now have a Droid Turbo 2, and the phone (black) screen comes alive whenever I pickup/view the phone, and push notification icons appear (mid screen) under the time.  When I tap power button the locked screen backgound (color) version comes alive and banner info (on the Push Notifcation) is displayed.  So I probably do not have this LED feature on my smartphone anymore.

Thanks for your insight, knowledge, and quick response!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

That would be the notification LED on your phone that blinks different colors depending on what messages you have received.

TimmyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm familiar with, and getting, the arlo icon notification (top of home screen), vibration indication, and the expanded banner description on my smartphone with the relevant Arlo Q App Push Notifications (Arlo App is closed), but don't quite understand the reference to a "notification LED and blinking function".  Am I still missing something?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TimmyB wrote:, but don't quite understand the reference to a "notification LED and blinking function".  Am I still missing something?

It's a product of the android phone...

There's an LED on my S7 that blinks if an alert came in and you didn't hear it... the phone app allows me to pick the color of the led and how quickly it flashes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TimmyB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac,

I recall this feature, now that you mention it,  on a previous Droid model I had. I now have a Droid Turbo 2, and the phone (black) screen comes alive whenever I pickup/view the phone, and push notification icons appear (mid screen) under the time.  When I tap power button the locked screen backgound (color) version comes alive and banner info (on the Push Notifcation) is displayed.  So I probably do not have this LED feature on my smartphone anymore.

Thanks for your insight, knowledge, and quick response!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
My Nexus 6 also has no notification LED. In this case, the new settings are moot other than vibration.