Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To Turn Off Email Notifications If There Is No Pencil Icon To Edit Mode??

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlogreen
Follower
Follower

With the new changes to the arlo website, there is no longer a pencil icon next to the modes that used to allow editing of your email notification settings.  Does anyone know how to turn off motion/sound email notifications in the new website design?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see a pencil but do see a ">" for the same purpose. Are you seeing that?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On the Web... the edit button is ">" in the mode you are editing ( right side after picking base unit )

( IIRC, the pencil is ios )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tkoenig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Base station but the cameras are not detectiving or activating on audio. I can not see any place to chenge these setting, all the instructions I have read leave me hanging when it says "click the pencil" or "click the >" because I have no pencil icon and when I click on the > there is nothing to configure in audio other than on/off and speaker volume. 

Is it because I have basic subscription that I can't configure anything? Has Arlo change the basic plan to not allow this because I use to be able to see the ability to send an aleart to my email. I do get email notifications from only one camera, which I set up some time ago, but now I can't even figure out how to turn that off. 

Thanks in advance for your support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not because of the basic plan - it's because you're in the wrong place. You need to edit your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here about modifying modes and creating custom modes. Use the Mode tab, click on your camera and check out the Armed mode. Create a custom mode for full control.