Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Horrible, Arlo-Q stops CVR audio rec. & ARLO Support says LIVE WITH IT

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
GrandPop
Star
Star

Hi All,

We pay $20/month for an Arlo-Q CVR (continuous video recording) plan.

After a few hours the audio stops recording.

If you go into DEVICES and turn the Arlo-Q camera OFF/ON, it resets the camera, and the audio will record.

THEN THE AUDIO STOPS RECORDING, USUSALLY WITHIN 24 HOURS.

I have called Arlo 3 times on this problem.

They tie me up on the phone for upwards of an hour.

The last call the tech support rep. tells me.

IT IS AN ARLO SOFTWARE PROBLEM, NOT MY ARLO EQUIPMENT, AND THEY ARE TRYING TO FIX IT.

IN THE MEAN TIME I PAY $20/MO. FOR THIS GIANT COMPANY TO SNOOZE ON THIS SECURITY NIGHTMARE.

IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE SUFFERING LIKE US????

27 REPLIES 27
Farnetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ensanguined Apprentice,

And I need to relax? A comment about my intelligence is your firs line? WOW....I was simply providing a solution to a problem that drove me crazy for a very long time. I may not of realized it was fixed and will now see if removing the timers makes any difference. The kind response after mine pointed out the firmware change and updates on their end. (That was helpful to me) You sir, are a ridiculous poster. Not sure how this infomation was considered condecending at all?  Perhaps you're talk down to at work, or it was your mom/wife....Not sure. I also pointed out that the 6 hour reboot fixed my problem. Maybe your issue is different. There was also another person in this thread fixed his problem with 6 resets a day. Although it's a bit much, his issue is fixed. So how about you take the information for what it is and start being less of a jackass. Karma may start favoring you a little more. 

ensanguined
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did you really just copy my username, as well as the word 'Apprentice' which Netgear uses to connote my post count on this forum, and then wonder why there are serious questions to be asked about your intellect? Oh boy! Also, clean up your post, it's hard to read with all the simple errors.

Back to your initial post, which was totally unnecessary and especially insulting with the whole 'Seriously folks…' wording (which made me ask, why is this idiot trying to belittle us in the first place?) you then went on to offer some useless feedback (which no one asked for) that a timer could help with this issue, copying exactly what someone said in OCTOBER 2017. Like, get up to speed champ! What could be more pointless, besides your existence, than that?

Have a great day, Farnetti Aspirant! HAHA!

Farnetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Mr A-Hole,

What can I say?  I did copy and paste the whole name there when I replied. You got me sheriff.  I wasn't doing anything other than trying to provide some helpful advice and you took it as your "White Knight" crusade to defend the good names of everyone in the thread. Whatever. Troll someone else with your BS.  

I just had empathy with how annoying the whole issue was and I didn't see a comment anywhere in this thread abot it being fixed. I think you read in to way too much, but whatever. I'm sorry you're so unhappy and attacking me for whatever reason. All I know is that I have a nice clear camera view everytime I look and all my gear is working. So, the patch and upgrades helped most of the peope on this "necro" post..... and for you, neither solution worked. Oh well, enjoy your crappy set up. Hope you don't miss out on any action in trailer park. SO FOR EVERYONE ELSE, glad it's resolved and this thread can be returned to its slumber. Sorry I even posted here. Feel free to scurry back under your bridge. 

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Seriously Folks