Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

I have Arlo and Blink cameras.
When I had a question about Blink I used email and got a prompt reply.

Why can't Arlo do the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is for the Arlo indoor camera. The privacy shield is so when the camera is disarmed it will not record. For example if the camera is in a store and they only want to use the device at night. They would disarm that certain camera and the privacy shield would activate. There is not a concern about privacy. I can not guarantee what a hacker can or can not do, I would not think there is a  likely chance that they would hack into peoples home cameras. Hackers generally hack into computers and such to get personal information. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Easy, arlo is not blink.

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

That is for sure.

Blink has much better customer service.

I hope Arlo execs get the message.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

There is a workaround, private message an arlo moderator here on the forum to ask a question. @ShayneS@JamesC@BrookeN 

You can then pass email info using AskArlo@arlo.com with their handle in the subject field.

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

THANK YOU for helping.

I am a non-tech savvy old guy.

Do you mean I should send an email to AskArlo@arlo.com?

What is the purpose of @ShayneS@JamesC, and @BrookeN 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The three usernames mentioned are arlo employees that regularly visit the forum.

You can directly message them using the private message feature when your logged into this forum, look for the envelope icon top right of the page.

You need the @ symbol in the to label like shown to address the message to them.

Using the username in a post also flags the post to them.

If they want further info from you such as log files etc you can send an email to the askarlo.arlo.com address.

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

I will give it a try.

Thank you for your clear answer.

You should be paid by Arlo.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Deepsink What can I help you with?

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

Hello:

Thank you for offering to help.

I have two Arlo Q cameras (one purchased in 2017 and the other in 2019).

How can I be sure, when the cameras are not armed, that no one can view inside my house.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you say no one can view inside your house, who are you referring to?

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

Hackers or rogue Arlo employees.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Arlo support agents do not have access to the cameras. The only way to view cameras is with the login information for the account which we do not have. So as long as you have not shared your user name and password, no one will be able to view your cameras. 

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

Respectfully:

1. What about hackers?

2. Although this is not about my CAMS, it seems to indicate Arlo has concern about privacy:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062523/How-do-I-use-the-Privacy-Shield-on-my-Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is for the Arlo indoor camera. The privacy shield is so when the camera is disarmed it will not record. For example if the camera is in a store and they only want to use the device at night. They would disarm that certain camera and the privacy shield would activate. There is not a concern about privacy. I can not guarantee what a hacker can or can not do, I would not think there is a  likely chance that they would hack into peoples home cameras. Hackers generally hack into computers and such to get personal information. 

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.

May I ask a question, about the cameras, on a different subject?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deepsink wrote:

Thank you.

May I ask a question, about the cameras, on a different subject?

Start a new discussion thread to ask your question.  That works out better than piling on off-topic questions.

Deepsink
Tutor
Tutor

How do I start a new thread?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deepsink wrote:

How do I start a new thread?

discussion.png

Deepsink
Tutor