Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Google nest hub: This xml file..

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Plasmadevil
Tutor
Tutor

I used to be able to watch my Arlo Q cameras in all my 4 Google Nest hubs at home; however, now all I get is an annoying code message in all nest hubs when trying to watch my cameras in them. 

"this xml file does not appear to have any style information associated to it. the document tree is shown below."

I can watch the cameras in the Google Home app in my cell without issues but the issue prevails in the hubs as I have factory deleted them and re-linked the Arlo app besides doing other ts that Google support advised..

Any advice would be appretiated

20231007_151549.jpg

20231013_160631.jpg

26 REPLIES 26
AlroNovice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All, 

This feature has been much awaited and i am seeking demand for this on this forum since 2020. It's this available now??? 

"At the moment arlo doorbell only make announcement to echo show when door bell is pressed. When will you release skills to show live feed automatically to echo show or Google Hub? This feature was release for Ring Doorbell in March 2020."

Please can someone confirm this? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What is the version of the Google Home Hub? Also, the version of the Google Home app(screenshot of the Arlo cameras showing in the Google Home app) Are there any other devices working with Google Home Hub? Was there any updates performed and if so on which app?

Lemonn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem he is having but I'm using the Arlo Essentials indoor camera. I'm using the Google Nest hub (2nd Gen). There is only one other device other than the camera working with the Google Home Hub which is a single smart outlet. The hub and camera are brand new so there was a firmware update before starting. Same as him I can't see the feed through the hub, but I can see it through my phone. 

IMG_4976.jpgIMG_4975.jpgIMG_4974.jpgIMG_4973.jpg

Lemonn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant the camera had a firmware update no the Google Nest hub.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing that information. We are currently looking into this. I will reach back out soon. 

BROCK1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know when live stream will be available.

Without this the product is pretty pointless and lags well behind competitors

I recently purchased 2 video door cams to work with my Alexa but are redundant as I cant get video on the screen when the door bell is pressed.

Lemonn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to follow up and see where we are at with this issue. Thank you

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I appreciate your patience with this, it is being looked into currently. I will reach out for an update as soon as possible. 

Jenny1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently, my Arlo camera stopped streaming on my google home display. They still work in the google home app. I have tried unlinking them and relinking them, resetting the google home hub. I called google and they wondered if the Arlo app was installed on the google hub. I tried to add it but was unsuccessful. Does anyone else have this problem?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this behavior you are seeing. I will update you as soon as possible. 

Jenny1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. It’s still not working. The Pro Base Station also shows as offline in my Google home app even though it’s online and working

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is being looked into, I will reach out as soon as there is an update. 

brich4750
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my iPhone in Google Home when i try to bring up a live feed it shows either a screen that says "Live Video unavailable. The camera may be unreachable or saving battery" or if i tap into a single Camrea i end up with a black screen.

Same phone but in Arlo app or Alexa app i can get live feed.

Switch to Samsung Android tablet running google home and i get live feed.

iOS running latest OS Version 17.1.2

Samsung running Android version 13

iOS Google Home Version 3.10.103
Android Google Home version 3.10.1.6

anyone else seeing this issue?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We're investigating these reports with Google Home. We will provide an update as soon as possible. 

george3345932
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please may we have an update? 

Do older Arlo cameras like Arlo Baby ABC1000 show an XLM "Access Denied" page instead of a feed on Google Home Hubs because Arlo no longer supports them? If so, may you please confirm the list of cameras no longer supported? Or is there a fix ETA? Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo Q, Arlo Baby the VMC3030 are not supported. The Pro and Pro 2 are not supported at this moment, but that is being looked into. 

Plasmadevil
Tutor
Tutor

So, it's no longer supported anymore when a couple of weeks ago it was working just fine. Wonderful!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plasmadevil wrote:

So, it's no longer supported anymore when a couple of weeks ago it was working just fine. Wonderful!

To be clear, I think @BrookeN was talking only about Google Home. 

It does look like Arlo removed the feature, since the Q cameras are listed in the 2021 version of the KB article:

But not in the Nov 2023 version

@JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS :

The Q / Q Plus cameras don't go end-of-life until 1 January 2025.  Is there any explanation on why Arlo removed support for Google Home for these cameras?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is hardware limitations with the streaming of those certain devices. The other functions should still work correctly. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

There is hardware limitations with the streaming of those certain devices. The other functions should still work correctly. 

Well, it's been working for some years with the Q/Q Plus.

Did Google change something on their end???

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Q and Q Plus have always worked with the Google Home, however they should have not been able to stream. 

Hurricane4jc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on Pro/Pro 2 devices?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Not at the moment there is no ETA I can provide. However, as soon as I get that information I will provide it to the community. 

LReySATX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue with 2 essentials 2nd generation. Quite annoyed.