Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False-positive motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jazzfog
Guide
Guide

I set up activity zones but it seems like Arlo software ignores them.

Zone is covering absolute moveless wall in my room but when my dog walks through the room arlo reacts on it.

I tried to reduce sensitivity but is seems like neither mobile app or web interface save it - I change sensitivity from 5 to 3 - there is no Save button so I just leave screen - when I return to app/reload web interface - it is 5 again.

I am quite frustrated and will return unit within coupe of days if will not find a way to fix it, because zones just do not work...

Overall, I must say, web interface is slow and glitchy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jazzfog,

To save sensitivity settings click back (on the screen with the sensitivity slider) and the Save button is at the bottom of the screen. Click Save to commit the changes.

Are you also saving the zone once you have it set? If you navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Q, you should see a thumbnail that displays the zones you have set. Also be sure the rule you have set up for motion detection is utilizing the zones you have set.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jazzfog,

To save sensitivity settings click back (on the screen with the sensitivity slider) and the Save button is at the bottom of the screen. Click Save to commit the changes.

Are you also saving the zone once you have it set? If you navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Q, you should see a thumbnail that displays the zones you have set. Also be sure the rule you have set up for motion detection is utilizing the zones you have set.

JamesC

jazzfog
Guide
Guide

When you select sensitivity in section "Select the Activity Zones where you want motion to be detected" - 

What means "Everywhere" - "All zones" or "All visible field, no matter in zones or not?

jazzfog
Guide
Guide

JamesC wrote:

click back and the Save button is at the bottom

Thank you. It is so not obvious.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jazzfog,

"Everywhere" means the entire visible field, you would want to set zones for where you want motion to be detected and then enable those zones within the rule. So if there is an area that you do not want motion to be detected, do not include that area in the zone.

If you need any additional help with this please let me know.

JamesC

jazzfog
Guide
Guide

JamesC wrote:

jazzfog,

"Everywhere" means the entire visible field, you would want to set zones for where you want motion to be detected and then enable those zones within the rule. So if there is an area that you do not want motion to be detected, do not include that area in the zone.

If you need any additional help with this please let me know.

JamesC

Now I see what is happening.

Although, I think that title "Everywhere" should be extended to "Everywhere (within and outside the zones)"

Because it is very easy to interpret it as "Within all zones (so you do not have to check all of them)" 

Thank you for the answer.