Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
kvblum2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
How long is the cable that is attached to the Arlo Q that I see in pictures of it? If the Arlo Q is required to be mounted on the wall at the 7' minimum height or placed on a table top, it does not appear to me that the cable will reach the WIFI router especially if the router is in a different room from where the Arlo Q will be. Is an ethernet cable adapter extension required to be used with Arlo Q to reach the router? Please explain. Thank you!!! Kurt B.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The power cable included with the Arlo Q is 10 ft long.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

According to the documentation available, the Q uses WiFi so doesn't require an Ethernet cable.

kvblum2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Let me clarify my question. There's a cable that I see in the picture. What cable is it and how long is it? I now understand from viewing the Arlo Q website that there's only 1 cable and the camera connects to a WIFI network. However, if I want to mount the camera at the 7' minimum height, the power cable would need to be at least 8-12 ft long.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kvblum2007 wrote:
Let me clarify my question. There's a cable that I see in the picture. What cable is it and how long is it? I now understand from viewing the Arlo Q website that there's only 1 cable and the camera connects to a WIFI network. However, if I want to mount the camera at the 7' minimum height, the power cable would need to be at least 8-12 ft long.

You could add a simple extension cord to the pwer cable re specs

Requirements
  • Network
    • High-speed Internet

• WiFi connection

• Power
    • AC power/electrical outlet

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
kvblum2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear needs to let the consumers know if an "extension cord" will be needed to reach the camera. I would think that the camera will need to be mounted at 7' feet high or better yet mounted on the ceiling to capture footage.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

We will all know when it is released...its a mute point till then

Morse is faster than texting!
kvblum2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was hoping that Netgear would at least respond to the postings about this issue BEFORE the camera goes on sale. Otherwise they will have lots of returns from consumers due to the simple fact that it can't reach the outlet they want to plug it into.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The power cable included with the Arlo Q is 10 ft long.

JamesC