Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Diagonal lines on zone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Turrash
Follower
Follower

I have a camera to record the front of my house and the front yard.  The yard is somewhat diagonal and I can't seem to get Arlo to create a diagonal line for a zone, just squares.  This means I have to create multiple squares to cover my entire yard.  Am I missing something or is this just not an option for the cameras?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, assuming that you're using a Q, yes, you need to define various rectangles to create the overall diagonal zone for your view.  They can overlap and be moved around to accomplish this.  Be sure to select all of the appropriate zones in your modes/rules to take advantage of this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are running the Arlo PRO, there are no zone settings...It uses a dual PIR to sense the entire field of view.

Zone settings are available with the Q cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, assuming that you're using a Q, yes, you need to define various rectangles to create the overall diagonal zone for your view.  They can overlap and be moved around to accomplish this.  Be sure to select all of the appropriate zones in your modes/rules to take advantage of this.