Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection timeout

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jaff66
Guide
Guide

Hi, does anyone else with an Arlo q camera keep getting a message saying "The connection to the camera has timed out". I have 3 Q cameras and all will at some point show this message. All 3 have the same firmware. 1 camera is nearly 3 years old the others nearly 1 year. This issue has only started in the last few months. Any ideas??

D. 

1 REPLY 1
d2randall
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't know about the Arlo q system, but the same things happens with the Arlo Pro 2 system. Depending on time of day, it can take up to 45 seconds to connect a camera via the Arlo App and there are times when I get the "The connection to the camera has timed out". It happens with the Desktop Web page, Android Galaxy 9S, and any internet connected media device. At home I have 1.0Gbit down and 30Mbit up bandwidth connection and I get the same slow connecting and buffering delays. I also verfied I have the latest firmware and Arlo app software updates.

In my opinion and technical judgement, this issue is caused by Arlo NETGEAR media servers not handling the flow of data requests and transfers; you seen the same thing when there is a DOS attack on a server.