Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

I clicked on restart for Arlo Q by mistake.    Now the led light of my Arlo Q is orange.   I have wait for my arlo q back online, but my app keep trying to getting status of my arlo q.   I checked the camera led guide. Orange Solid amber led light is stand for the camera is booting.     

I tried to factory reset, but my camera is still in orange solid amber led light.   I did unplug the power outlet and plug the power outlet.   nothing work

Please let me know what to do.    

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally it would have just required you to power it down and back on,...but since you did a factory reset you now to to reinstall it as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor
I wished I could reinstall it as new arlo q, but my arlo Q still would not let me do anything. The led light is orange color.

I did power down and power up.
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

I checked camera led guide.  Orange Solid amber meant the camera is booting.

My camera is not slow or fast blinking orange amber.  It just solid  orange amber.

no matter what done.   Unplugged the power outlet and plugged the power outlet.  I used the paper clip to factory reset.  I did hold for two minutes.

Nothing changed.     

Now on the app said only the device is offline. Not connected to network.

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

I press the sync button for a minute..   no blue led amber.....

only orange led amber

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

I guess my Arlo is stilling booting.    So it is unable boot to ready mode,

jmeoo3
Star
Star

If your camera isn't under the one year warranty you can throw it in the garbage!  I just posted about this......Netgear is no help.  I can't even PAY to have mine fixed.  "Defective Camera" or "Defective Hardware".......Mine lasted 2 years...hopefully yours lasted longer.......I'm still looking for a new camera.  Not buying another Arlo I know that for sure!  

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks  jmeoo3

My Arlo q is more than one year old.   I bought it from Bestbuy.  It was $99.99.    I guess your answer is sound right.   

I might need to say goodbye to this  Arlo Q.    I have try to chat with Arlo support team, but nobody there.   Arlo asked me to wait one to two business days for someone might able to chat with me.    Due to my camera is more than one year old.  No phone call to their Arlo support team.      I checked Amazon.com   Amazon got used Arlo q for sale.     I guess A lot of people got problem with Arlo Q.   Someone fixed the old Arlo Q and put them out for sale again.   

I disconnected and connected the usb power cable.  Nothing changed.   I thought Factory reset could fix this problem,  but My Arlo q would not let me do factory reset at all.  So I could not sync or reinstall this arlo Q.   I kept my arlo q power on last night.  The IR of my camera was still active( red light around the len.)     The led of my Arlo Q was solid Orange amber.   Solid Orange amber is stand for the camera is booting.     The Arlo app only said your device is not connected. Make sure it"s connected to your router and has a working internet connection. 

jmeoo3
Star
Star

Well at least you paid less for your Arlo Q then me!  I paid around $129 for my Arlo Q from Best Buy.  It's still a waste of money though since they can't be fixed.  I called the Arlo support team recently and they told me to try the same things I already tried (reset button several times and unplugging everything several times).  Like you said the camera is just stuck booting up (orange solid light) so they tell you that your camera hardware is "defective" .  They should fix defective hardware because they created a product that was defective.  I assume there is many more cameras with this problem then they want to admit!  So...why would I buy another Arlo Q if they can't even fix a problem that they created?  I won't!  Sorry you had to go through this!

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, Arlo should fix our Arlo Q cameras for free.  or free replacement or offer big discount on any new camera system.     Yes, only BS.    Arlo is not that good company.      I think about D link camera.   I am not sure about d-link cloud recording storage.   It is free or what.    I don't like to pay for cloud recording storage.    

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/d-link-dcs-pan-and-tilt-indoor-1080p-wi-fi-network-surveillance-camera-...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to confirm... when you did the reset, you held in the reset for about 10+ secs ...

Morse is faster than texting!
ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

Hi TomMac

Yes, I held more than 10 seconds to Reset button.   I used paper clip.     

Right now , The led light of my arlo Q is still the same ORANGE solid amber(light).   Not blinking.    

I will unplug the power usb cable  after lunch.   I am still waiting for Arlo support team to contact me back.  (email)

ERICTANG_3742
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Tom mac

so any suggestion?