Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-Q 29th Feb 2020 - Library Empty

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DCatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

29th Feb 2020 - No recordings available in history for whole of February. Alert received for recording early on 29th Feb but nothing to review.  I subscribe to 24*7 recordings but nothing visible for 28th or 29th Feb 2020. Timeline does show recordings earlier fro February 27th and earlier in the month but still nothing in Library view.  I have remotely rebooted the device from MyArlo and recordings are now being captured on 29th February but still nothing showing in library for 1st to 28th Of February 2020.  Is this a problem caused by the leap year?  Can anyone help?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using an app?

If so verify the issue via web access in browser;   https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All is fine here with both web browser and Android app.

DCatt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi TomMac / jguerdat

Thanks for your responses. I checked in both App and Web access and issue is present via both.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DCatt wrote:
Thanks for your responses. I checked in both App and Web access and issue is present via both.

I suggest contacting support (though it likely won't get your recordings back): https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Also, make a manual recording and see if that is saved.

DCatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @StephenB - I will open a message with support.

Recordings have been saved for the 29th Feb since I rebooted the Arlo-Q but still nothing in the library for earlier in the month either through App or arlo.com.  Timeline view does show the recordings up to 15:47:41 on 27th but then blank / nothing until rebooted on 29th at 11:11:41.

DCatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after 1 hour and 10 mins in online chat with support - no resolution.  It has now been escalated and I can expect a call back in the net 24 to 48 hours. 🤔

kcmudbug
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having similar issues in addition to not being able to keep my cameras / base station online.  I know they're functional because all the previews for the cameras are current.  It just shows the 'offline' message over the top of them.

DCatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @kcmudbug - Having heard nothing from Alro since I logged my call and being told at that point I would be called back within 24/48 hours I have just contacted them again through online chat.  I provided the Arlo case number and was then told the case is not showing up as it is still pending.  I have expressed my dissatisfaction at the poor customer service and have been told that I will receive a call back within 24/48 hours.  As I have been paying for a service from Arlo I have informed them that I want a call back from their billing department as well as the technical team troubleshooting the issue within the next 24/48 hours.  At the moment the level of support being provided from Arlo is not acceptable and I could not recommend them.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DCatt

I have escalated this issue & your new case is #41496417

Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

DCatt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to keep everyone aware - I was contacted by someone from Arlo support yesterday and after re-explaining what I reported during my 1 hour online chat with support I was asked to email them with Arlo logs from my Android mobile phone.

I have done this but heard nothing back since.

I would have expected at the very least to get confirmation that they have received the logs I sent via email, the logs are accessible, and they will get back to me.

Again - This is not good customer service from Arlo.