Cannot kick another user off

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
patscan
Star
Star

I'm noticing that if my wife is viewing our Arlo Q, I can't always log on - I'll receive a message that I cannot connect. The expected behavior is that I log in, she is kicked off (her session is ended), and I am the sole viewer. The error message doesn't reflect this, so it's a bit of a confusing user experience. I'd much prefer the behavior to be that we can both view the Q concurrently as we use it as a baby monitor- but if that's not possible, it would be nice to ensure those logging on can at least be guaranteed see what's going on.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? If you're logged in, does her access kick you off or is the same behavior seen? If it's the app and only you have the problem, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the app since it seems to be a communication issue with your device.

patscan
Star
Star

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem usually manifests if she's on her iphone App (she never uses the browser) and I try to view from browser (I like to check from computer while working). If that's the condition, I never seem to be able to access the camera without having her stop streaming from her phone/app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

maybe you should set up a FRIEND account to allow both on at the same time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
patscan
Star
Star

That's actually how we have it set up. My understanding was that one "friend" would still kick another off. 

If that's not the case, and we are supposedly allowed to concurrently view the same stream, then I think I'm dealing with a bug.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A friend and the account holder should both be able to view at the same time. I believe multiple friends also has that capability.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

patscan,

I tested this and was not able to replicate the issue you describe. When using Chrome to log in to the primary account and then logging in to the shared account using both iOS and Android devices, I had no issues when streaming from Chrome and the mobile app simultaneously. What is the error message you receive? Is the issue intermittent or does it always occur? Within the Grant Access feature, does your wife have Access Rights enabled along with the shared Arlo Q?

JamesC