Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Flicker6
Guide
Guide

I have 4 arlo q's two of which are subscribed to 24x7 recording.  I am able to define activity zones on the two cameras that are NOT subscribed.  The preview of the camera view displays and I can draw and save my zones.   BUT, on the two cameras that are subscribed I never get a preview of the camera view.  The display just shows a spinning wheel.  I have to guess at where to draw my zones.  I have tried performing this function in a safari browser on a mac, on my iPhone and on my fire tablet.  I have disarmed the cameras and then tried to draw the zones but still the camera preview (on subscribed cameras only) just spins and never displays.   

Any Suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess you could temporarily drag those cameras out of the active CVR selection and then drag them back in.

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the suggestion.  Right now I am hesitant to do that given that they are at a remote location and if I run into any issues re-subscribing them I lose the 24x7.  At this point I would rather guess at the zone position until I am on-site when I can more easily troubleshoot any issues.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Flicker6,

Can you provide screenshots where it shows it's only loading when trying to set up activity zones on the cameras that are subscribed?

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

Jessica - you have it backwards.

The preview only loads when setting up activity zones on cameras that are NOT subscribed.  Attached is what I get when attempting to set up an activity zone on a camera that IS subscribed to CVR.CVRCamera.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry about that confusion. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

There was an update that was released, this should resolve the issue. Can you test this again and let me know how it goes.

Thanks 

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

The update has not resolved the issues   I am still unable to see what the camera can see when setting activity zones on subscribed cameras.  I just see a "clocking" gray screen.  I tried in both the iOS app and the safari browser on a mac 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does it occur on the Arlo app with v3.6?

Flicker6
Guide
Guide
Yes it does
DAD04461-BD18-4442-A696-190A3ABB8D8B.png
Flicker6
Guide
Guide
Verification I am using 3.6
45D127E7-F85C-4AD8-8CAC-0A14F481691C.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, I'll provide another update as soon as possible. 

3millio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having this exact same issue for months.  Preview never comes up nor the ability to create zones.  Have tried on app and browser - same result.  Cameras all have 24/7 recording subscriptions.  Any update?

3millio
Aspirant
Aspirant

If it's at all helpful, here is what I see on Chrome's dev console when it tries to bring up the preview image - gives a 404 error on the image resource (that just spins like it's trying to load), and if I try to simply go to that resource's URL on another tab, I get:

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>f148d53b_b453_49d4_8436_ebaf55721b5f/336-5161218/4SS174S240709/fullFrameSnapshot.jpg</Key>
<RequestId>4RZ5DWKD4BECP4A3</RequestId>
<HostId>lShfe98Z06vH4WcPBo2SJyUUUIwgYyonGWiA4rjB7wlvxavYVsLyrp58i8SWOWkvyTbIHuv0r+I=</HostId>
</Error>
Flicker6
Guide
Guide
Glad to know I am not alone! I have provided logs and they continue to investigate.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

There was a backend update that should have resolved this issue, can you test this again and let me know how it goes?

Thanks 

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

This updated HAS resolved the issue.  

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome, I am glad it's fixed. Let me know if you have any other questions.