Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rozuni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a CVR subscription. The 'Manage Camera Status' shows it in the Active section, but the library is not showing continuous recording. How is this feature supposed to work? Do you have to manually push record icon on the Devices view to start it? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, the Q always constantly streams which is why 1) you can get CVR and 2) there's pre-buffering when recording where you get a few seconds of video before seeing what actually caused the recording (except when you have CVR which causes the pre-buffering to disappear since it's "by design" - say what??).

Once you subscribe, it's simply there - you need do nothing other than to subscribe. The ability to see previous days' CVR goes back according to your plan and drops off at the end just like recordings disappear.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You check CVR by clicking on the clock dial-looking icon for the Q camera on the Devices tab.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With CVR option , the Library will contain the normal motion activated videos clips to the time set in the Mode if it is Armed.....

The CVR video comes up when you click on the CLOCK icon in live view screen... you can play or rewind as needed, this is 24/7

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rozuni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info on the click icon - I am aware of that, and it does show the video clips manually or motion activated. 

My expectations, however, was there is that the system continuously record for 7 days, as advertised. 

Does that have to be manually initiated, and what happens at the end of 7 days? Does it not record anything more, or will it delete the oldest content to 'make room' for the new? 

I'd appreciate details on the expected behavior for this feature, and the expected user interaction. 

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, the Q always constantly streams which is why 1) you can get CVR and 2) there's pre-buffering when recording where you get a few seconds of video before seeing what actually caused the recording (except when you have CVR which causes the pre-buffering to disappear since it's "by design" - say what??).

Once you subscribe, it's simply there - you need do nothing other than to subscribe. The ability to see previous days' CVR goes back according to your plan and drops off at the end just like recordings disappear.
rozuni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see, thanks for the explanation. 

My subscription is not working, since I can't see the continuous stream in the view.

I'll put in a request with support. Do you happen to know the link?

thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.  Several options there.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Morse is faster than texting!